- Period Of Employment7/7 Rotation
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Position: Environment and Water Treatment Leader
Location: Renard Mine
Posting date: February 27th until March 9th, 2023
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the application of the various environmental management programs developed by Stornoway for the follow-up, monitoring and control of the mining operations. You will also be responsible for coordinating the tasks of the environmental department team on the mine site as well as the operation of the mine waste treatment plant (MWTP).
You will be a first level player in ensuring compliance with environmental obligations and legal commitments associated with the Renard mine operations. You will be directly involved in monitoring compliance with environmental standards for all activities and will report any irregularities and recommend solutions to ensure sound environmental management at the mine site.
You will contribute to the success of the organization by performing the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the management and development of the full potential of its employees while working closely with other departments;
- Implementing the environmental monitoring program in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, in a spirit of sustainable development
- Coordinate and participate in the realization of the different activities planned in the environmental monitoring program;
- Monitor and report on environmental performance using indicators;
- Participate actively in the drafting of campaign reports and the annual report on environmental monitoring and management activities;
- Maintain the Environmental and Social Monitoring Program (PGES) and the various planning and monitoring tools (Isovision, EQWIN, etc.);
- Ensure that the mandatory declarations on the sites of the provincial and federal authorities (SENV, Declaration of water withdrawal, GESTIM, Quebec Inventory of atmospheric emissions, NPRI, etc.) are made;
- Carry out, coordinate and implement special environmental projects;
- Develop tender documents for the procurement of services from external suppliers;
- Performing cost control for mandates under his/her supervision;
- Participate in the development of the operating budget;
- Provide orientation sessions to new employees, subcontractors and consultants under his/her supervision;
- At Stornoway, we value teamwork. You will be required to support your colleagues by performing other tasks related to your skills.
What do you need to succeed?
- You have a university degree in biology and/or environmental engineering or any combination of equivalent education or experience;
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the environmental field as well as relevant experience in the mining sector or a comparable area;
- You have the technical skills to carry out environmental controls and monitoring;
- You have excellent planning, organization and execution skills;
- You have good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and database management skills;
- You are bilingual (French and English) both orally and in writing;
- You have a valid driver’s license as well as training as a pleasure craft operator;
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 will be considered an asset.