Posting #: N-2021-0599A
Position #: 0240
ENLARGED ROLE NURSE (2491)
DEPARTMENT: Health Services (657137)
WORK LOCATION: Eastmain
STATUS: 1-Permanent Full-Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.25 – Max. (18) $45.22
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person at an outpost or dispensary in a locality covered by the provisions on regional disparities, who, in addition to his regular duties as a nurse, does patient assessments that allow a doctor to make a diagnosis at a distance and determine the appropriate interventions. Is also required to carry out actions and interventions that are generally reserved to doctors in other work environments.
Under the authority of the Coordinator of Current Services and Chishaayiyuu, the Nurse dispenses currents to the population of all ages in the territory according to an integrated service approach. He / she works according to a multidisciplinary approach and works in close partnership with Community Health Representative (CHR), Social Worker, Social Assistance Technician, Doctor, Nutritionist, Midwife, and various other community health services and staff.
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q1;
- 1 Bachelor’s nursing degree holders will be paid according to the 1911 job title
- Three (3) years of experience as a nurse including:
- One (1) year of experience in critical care; or
- Two (2) years of experience at the CBHSSJB;
Knowledge and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Good resistance to stress;
- Excellent communication and listening skills;
- Capacity to be autonomous, methodical, organized;
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills;
- Show interest and empathy towards others;
- Interpersonal, listening, communication, and leadership skills;
- Dynamism and self confidence;
- Sense of observation and self control;
- Capability to be flexible, discrete, empathetic and to take initiative.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
- This position includes on-call periods for the current services;
- Includes extended role functions;
- A skill-based test may be required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Nurses who have followed the extended role training and have not successfully completed this training are excluded from this posting. However, the nurse who demonstrates a minimum one-year of new acute care experience since the training may request a reconsideration of this exclusion.
POSTING START/END DATE: 2021-02-13/2021-03-13
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: Yes
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7.25 / 36.25
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.