Réf. : 2501
The mining technician – ventilation is part of the technical services team – engineering team. He/she is responsible for surveying ventilation, ventilation design specifications, corrective measures, and ventilation non-conformity follow-up. He/she tracks work in progress to ensure the economic, safe and ecological operation of the mine. Audits ventilation on demand to ensure the correct flow is provided to active areas. Draws development plans for construction of ventilation controls construction
- Ensure to take gas readings and flow rates in active work areas and if needed, request necessary corrective measures
- Issue all plans and specifications necessary for the installation of ventilation products
- Present on a weekly basis, the ventilation installation planning in accordance with development priorities recommended by engineering
- Participate in the maintenance of the ventilation on demand by performing calibrations of flow meters underground
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All tasks related to the performance of his duties
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- College diploma in Exploitation/Mineral Technology / University diploma in Mining Engineering
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in mineral technology / 3 to 5 years in mining engineering, ideally in underground mining
- Valid explosives permit
- Mining modules (F.M.T.M.) completed
- Good computer skills, including Deswik and Ventsim software
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than April 5, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.