Réf. : 2489
The mining engineer – ventilation is part of the technical services team – engineering team. He is responsible of designing and maintaining the mine ventilation network in order to achieve production and development goals, review mine ventilation plans and ensure that the ventilation respects the law and regulations in place. He tracks work in progress to ensure the economic, safe and ecological operation of the mine. He is responsible of the configuration and follow up of the ventilation on demand system in order to provide sufficient airflow at the correct places.
- Advise on the mine ventilation infrastructure requirements for the life of mine (LOM)
- Configure and follow up on the ventilation on demand system in order to provide sufficient airflow at the correct places.
- Build and maintain the ventilation model in the Ventsim software.
- Evaluate the fresh air requirements based on the mining plan and ensure the correct distribution.
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All tasks related to the performance of his duties
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- University diploma in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years in mining engineering, ideally in underground mining
- Valid explosives permit
- Mining modules (F.M.T.M.) completed
- Good computer skills, including Deswik and Ventsim software
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than April 5, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.