Encageur / Cage Tender Ref.: 25019
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The cage tender is part of the mining operations team. The incumbent is responsible for operating the cage safely.
- Operate the cage safely during the descent and ascent of personnel, equipment, ore and waste
- Understand and master the language of sound signals so as to communicate with the hoist
operator during operations
- Ensure that ore and waste are properly loaded in the mine shaft
- Repair mine shaft components, when needed
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasks
- High School Diploma and/or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 1 year of experience in cage operation
- Valid explosives permit
- Mining Modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Knowledge of the regulations and procedures in effect regarding mine shafts
- Bilingual (an advantage)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills • Adaptability
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than July 25, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights la.