- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Department: Apatisiiwin Skills Development
Salary Grade 4: (Min. $45,431.00 – Max. $60,650.00)
The Employment Counsellor is responsible for providing employment counselling services to its community, in respect with ASD Policy to support Eeyou Istchee’s residents with their integration and retention to the Labour Market.
- Provide individualized employment counselling services using the Client Service Delivery Model to assess their employability need and clarify their career goal.
- Facilitate client’s integration to the Labour Market.
- Promote and collaborate with local and regional resources to help clients reach their career goal and employment objectives.
- Refer clients to employment or training opportunities.
- Explain benefits, programs and services to potential recipients. Stay up-to date on information related to federal and provincial services.
- Assist recipients and clients with the application process to apply to ASD programs and services.
- Conduct, when requested, project monitoring and ensure compliance with ASD policies and procedures, in the respective community.
- Stay informed on ASD Programs and Services.
- Create and maintain a Job Postings Board in the office.
- Promote local and regional employment opportunities via local media.
- Co-facilitate workshops with the Senior Employment Counsellor on work search techniques such as resume writing and on employment counselling, in their respective community.
- Promote and facilitate employment opportunities in the community by developing and maintaining a referral network and providing information to local and regional partners (Cree School Board, Health Board, local employers, etc.).
- Be the liaison to the Employment Integration Counsellor with the community.
- Maintain a collaborative approach with ASD team.
- Participate in the development of regional and local Career Fairs and other promotional events.
- Set up information booths at local assemblies, promoting ASD programs and services and training opportunities.
- Visit, on an ongoing basis, local schools, Band Council, Youth Council and other entities to promote awareness of ASD’s programs and services.
- Participate in local Committees related to employment and training.
- Support clients and sponsors to complete the documentation to apply in a program.
- Keep individual client’s files up to date. Collect all relevant information on client’s professional and educational background.
- Input and maintain data on employment and training in the Cree Nation Government Information system, on a daily basis.
- Update Client Database Files with each intervention, to review and adjust the Client Action Plan, and ensure that the clients stay up to date.
- Communicate to clients a wide range of labour market information.
- Enter all services provided in the Client Database.
- Participate in the Labour Market Survey by collecting information and keeping the information updated in the database.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- University certificate in Career Development/Employment Counselling or related field.
- One to three years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From December 3, 2020 to January 4, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: ASD-201205-1