Department: Capital Works and Services
Salary Grade 6: (Min. $57,754.00 – Max. $77,102.00)
Location: To Be Determined
The Electro Mechanic/Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) Specialist is responsible for the general maintenance of the Cree Nation Government buildings, premises and equipment located in the Cree communities. The incumbent is also responsible for inspecting the HVAC systems and their components, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Inspect HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs and recommend preventive maintenance.
- Diagnose the cause of problems and/or failures in heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacements.
- Repair heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.)
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance of heating and cooling equipment.
- Install heating and air conditioning equipment and ventilation systems.
- Read and interpret shop drawings and control schematics.
- Inform management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders.
- Conduct training for maintenance workers in use and operation of building automation systems.
- Maintain service vehicle, tools and equipment in good working order.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, training and seminars.
- Prepare written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- Secondary School Vocational Diploma (DEP) in Electro-mechanical engineering or College diploma in Facilities Technicians or Electromechanical Engineering Technician.
- HVAC Certification with training in the operation of: o HVAC system operation, installation techniques and refrigerant handling.
- Refrigeration system faultfinding.
- Electrical faultfinding of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Building automation systems and boiler and boiler controls.
- Electronic and pneumatic controls (basic).
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of rooftop units, Energy Recovery Ventilation (ERV), Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV).
- Experience in operating a Computerized Maintenance Management System software.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Proven ability to work for long hours in standing position.
- Agility to perform physical tasks constantly.
- Good knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Willingness to work in both an office and outside setting, including exposure to extreme weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, and uneven terrain of construction sites.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Must agree to undergo a background check
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From March 26, 2020 to April 17, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: CWSD-200307-1