Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Electrical Mechanic is part the Mine Maintenance team . He/she repairs and maintains fixed and mobile equipment for the Mining Department.
- Maintain and repair equipment equipped with voltage and automated electrical systems (drill masts, bolters, Epiroc and Sandvik production drilling machine, etc.)
- ldentify and troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical problems
- Complete inspection records applicable to the CSST and follow associated procedures
- Read and interpret circuit and hydraulic diagrams
- lnstall and maintain telemetry equipment (Isaac, , Newtrax, Minestar)
- Complete work orders and order material
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Ali other related tasks
Training & Experience
- Qualification certificated (C License, hors construction)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical mechanical maintenance in the mining industry
- Mining modules 1,2, 3, 4, 5 and 7
- Computer skilis, knowledge of MS Office Suite,SAP and GMAO
- Bilingualism (French, English)
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Team work in a multicultural environment
Work Location and schedule
- Eleonore mine site, Fly-in, Fly-out
- Schedule: 14 days of work, daytime only, followed by 14 days off (12 hres per day)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than September 9th, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.