Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Electrical Maintenance Supervisor is part of the Mine Maintenance Services Supervision team. He/she is primarily responsible for electrical construction and maintenance work for all mine operations. He/she must plan, organize, direct and control the electrical construction and maintenance activities
- Plan and supervise the mine’s electrical maintenance and construction activities.
- Establish the underground electrical construction specifications in partnership with the Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Planner and the Engineer.
- Ensure the compliance of the electrical installations according to code.
- Provide support to his/her team regarding maintenance of electrical equipment such as: fan, compressor, winch, bolter, mast drills, pumping system, etc.
- Solve problems related to his/her sector of activity and recommend measures to improve his/her department’s productivity;
- Ensure all activities run smoothly and work procedures are respected;
- Manage personnel, evaluate performance and see to the development of the employees;
- Participate in special projects (ventilation on request, communications networks for equipment telemetry, etc.);
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety;
- Perform all other tasks related to his/her duties.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE :
- University or college diploma in a relevant field;
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in electrical maintenance in the mining sector;
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory position;
- Computer skills, including SAP maintenance software;
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Organizational ability and priority management;
- Ability to analyze and solve problems;
- Team management in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to manage and develop employees;
- Teamwork and partnership.
YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than June 28, 2023.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.