Electrical and Instrumentation General Foreperson – Surface Process
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining
jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and
governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Electrical and instrumentation General Foreperson is part of the team for the Process Surface Mining Sector. He/She is responsible for all electrical maintenance and instrumentation. He/She oversees a team of supervisors, electricians and instrumentation technicians. He/She is also in charge of the planning teams for the whole maintenance of the Process -Surface areas. He/She demonstrates leadership and focuses on achieving established objectives, in collaboration with the Operations and Mechanical Maintenance groups of the surface as well as with the maintenance groups of the mine department.
▪ Supervise, manage staff, assess performance and ensure employee development
▪ Plan, organize, direct and coordinate the electrical maintenance and instrumentation activities of the surface maintenance service in order to achieve set objectives
▪ Direct and optimize the preventive maintenance program and planned outages
▪ Participate in selection, purchase and installation of electrical equipment
▪ Implement best practices to maximize the availability of production equipment
▪ Solve problems related to their sector of activity and put in place measures to optimize productivity and quality of work
▪ Create a partnership with other services in its sector to establish a team spirit and collaboration
▪ Write reports
▪ Develop budget and control maintenance costs
▪ Respect, know and promote regulations, policies and the vision of the company, particularly in terms of health and safety, in order to align operational strategies accordingly
▪ All other related tasks
Training & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience in managing electrical maintenance and
• Very good computer skills, including SAP software and the MS Office suite
• Bilingualism is essential
• Experience in the mining industry is an asset
Skills and Competencies
• Sense of organization and management of priorities
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
Work Location and Schedule
▪ Schedule : 8 days of work followed by 6 days off
▪ Eleonore Mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested persons must send us their résumés via the corporate website at www.newmont.com no later than October 5, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.