Requisition ID: 1638
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Home port: Val-d’Or, Chibougamau-Chapais, St-Hubert and Quebec airports
Under the supervision of the Electrical and Building Foreman, the Electrician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of electrical and communication equipment. Work is performed on the surface as well as underground.
- Checks and maintains equipment and fixed or rolling devices on the surface and underground;
- Relevant experience in the mining or industrial field is an asset;
- Safely install electrical equipment or devices;
- Use tools and equipment to perform tasks;
- Carry out activities related to the tasks efficiently and safely;
- Work closely with supervisors, technical services, operators and crew members;
- Securing the work area;
- Participate actively in planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Participate actively in planning, health and safety and training meetings; Complete daily and other reports properly;
- Respect laws, standards, regulations and work procedures;
- Perform all other related duties.
- DEP in construction or maintenance electricity with relevant experience;
- Possession of a C license is an asset;
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems;
- Ability to read and interpret plans;
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints; Possession of mining modules 1 to 5 and 7 (FMTM);
- Valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Valid general explosives permit;
- Interest and ability to work underground;
- Self-reliance and resourcefulness;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent organizational and task execution skills;
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently;
- Versatility and flexibility in the tasks to be performed;
- Exemplary attitude towards health and safety in the workplace.
Who We Are
At Stornoway, our 530 employees are what define our company. We hire talented people who work as a team with passion, respect and integrity to work towards the prosperity of all. Together, we operate the first diamond mine in Quebec, the Renard Mine.
True to our values, we create opportunities for our employees to fulfill their career aspirations. We encourage and support teamwork as an integral part of our success. We work with integrity and honesty. We cultivate an environment of respect and inclusion and communicate openly at all levels of the organization. Finally, we look for talented, dedicated and committed people who work with passion. We recognize achievement, hard work and effort.
What we offer
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a contribution to the retirement savings plan and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
We offer a safe work environment combined with several benefits:
– Easy access to the mine site via 4 home ports
– Private accommodation (Bedroom and bathroom)
– Large selection of meals
– Free wifi service at the camp
– Laundry facilities with soap provided
– Health & wellness program
– Weight room and arena
– Hiking trail – snowshoeing
– Leisure activities (painting, cooking, photography, movie nights, etc.)
– Reimbursement of protective eyewear with prescription
– Internal training program
– Reimbursement of tuition fees
– Reimbursement of membership fees to professional associations
– Relocation program (Chapais and Chibougamau) with financial support from Stornoway
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.