The Patrol Officer has the responsibility and authority to enforce laws, regulations and Council Bylaws. The incumbent maintains order and public security, and conducts interventions in respect of a broad range of safety issues including matters such as incidents and domestic violence, sexual abuse, traffic violations, vehicular accidents, vandalism, thefts, etc. The Patrol Officer actively participates in the reduction or elimination of crimes that occur within the territory limits of the assigned police station.
- Patrol assigned areas to maintain public safety and order and to enforce laws and regulations.
- Investigate crimes and accidents, secure evidence, interview witnesses, compile notes and reports and provide testimony in courts of law.
- Arrest criminal suspects.
- Provide emergency assistance to victims of accident, crimes and natural disasters.
- Participate in crime prevention, public information and safety programs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required
- Diploma from the École Nationale de Police du Québec or an equivalent.
- Experience in a Cree Community is a strong asset.
- Fluency in Cree, French, English (2 out of 3).
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrate clear leadership capabilities and set the example for others.
- Ability to conduct himself/herself with a high degree of professionalism and to adhere to the code of ethics established for this purpose.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, discretion, flexibility, initiative, tactfulness and honesty.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work at an executive level with little or no supervision.
- Typical office setting with no unusual demands.
- Must agree to undergo a background check.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Hold a valid driver’s license for motor vehicles (class 5) and be eligible to obtain a driver’s licence for an emergency vehicle.
- Meet the following vision standards: 20/40 in the better eye, corrected to 20/20 and 20/100 in the other eye, corrected to 20/30.
- Be in very good physical shape.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Pay Type: Hourly
Min. Hiring Rate: $53,314.00
Max. Hiring Rate: $95,843.00
To apply, click HERE and sign-in or create an account.