- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level High School Diploma
The CREE SCHOOL BOARD, a CREE entity created in 1978 by virtue of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement, invites applications for the position of:
EDUCATOR-SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM
POSTING VMS -700
MISTISSINI – VOYAGEUR MEMORIAL SCHOOL
NATURE OF THE WORK
Under the authority of the School Principal, the School Age Program Educator is responsible for the organizing, preparing and conducting a series of activities, in keeping with the educational project, fostering the overall development of students in kindergarten and elementary school in his or her care, while ensuring their health and safety.
- Ensure that materials, equipment and facilities are clean, well-maintained and safe for children.
- Ensures the supervision, the well-being hygiene and safety of students in compliance with the rules of conduct safety measures, administers first aid and, if necessary, administers medications according to medical requirements and the school’s policy.
- Participates in the planning and preparation of activities, projects, cubs, educational and recreational outings and cooperates in the yearly evaluation of the activity program.
- Helps students with their children’s play and school work while ensuring an appropriate atmosphere and environment conducive to doing their homework and lessons; if necessary, may respond to simple questions, while respecting the teacher’s instructions to the students.
- Provides support in the individualized education plans of students with disabilities or behavioral difficulties; encourages children’s cooperation and participation in all activities, and if needed applies positive intervention techniques.
- Encourages open communication with parents concerning the needs and progress of their children.
- Assists the School Age Program technician in carrying out certain administrative tasks and participates in the training of new School Age Program educators.
- Upon request accomplish any other related duty.
Schooling & experiences:
- Hold a Secondary School Diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority and have one (1) year of pertinent experience.
- Must obtain a First Aid certificate.
- Cree & English
- French is an assest
- Relevant experience in working with children is an asset
Duration: Regular, Full-time@ 85.71% (Temporary lay-off in summer)
Starting date: As soon as positible
Salary: 20.98/hr to $24.22/hr
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 Single rate or $13,573.00 Dependent rate
Interested candidates should forward in complete confidence their Curriculum Vitae before: Tues. December 10, 2019 @ 12:00 PM to:
Elementary School Principal
Voyageur Memorial School
277 Amisk Street
Mistissini, Qc GOW 1 CO or by email at email@example.com please indicate posting # VMS-700