LOCATION OF WORK:
Sabtuan Adult Education Services (SAES) Mistissini
NATURE OF WORK:
- The Vocational Training Consultant will take a hands-on approach to supporting the development, implementation, and evaluation of Vocational Programs offered through the Cree School Board’s Sabtuan Adult Education Services.
- Adaptable and knowledgeable in the field of Vocational Training, the Consultant will travel to Cree communities to offer support to teachers, the SAES management team and other CSB staff.
- They will prepare learning materials, advise teachers on training practices, and help advance the quality and success of our Vocational Training programs.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies/guidelines/rules related to learning and teaching.
- Participate in the developing, implementing and evaluating of the educational project, special project and the success plan.
- Contribute to the implementation of Vocational training programs (DVS, AVS and others) and Community training programs and courses, provide advice to the teachers and administration concerning the interpretation of those programs, design and lead training workshops and sessions on program components.
- Collaborate, support and evaluate innovative learning experimentation in class or in an internship environment.
- Develop or select and deliver training and instrumentation activities designed to respond needs in pedagogical adaptation, innovation and development.
- Provide advice and support to teachers either individually or in a group format in matters pertaining to their daily teaching activities.
- Design and animate training workshops and sessions on his/her field of expertise for teachers.
- Provide teachers with learning evaluation tools and guides them in the design, preparation or adaptation of evaluation tools.
- May be called upon to work with a multidisciplinary team to draw up and review the individualized education plan of a handicapped student or a student with social maladjustments or learning disabilities;
- participates in defining intervention objectives and means.
- Inform and advise SAES management regarding the individualized education plan.
- Work with teacher, professional staff and Education Consultant to prepare and implement strategies and projects aimed at helping students who are experiencing or who are likely to experience social maladjustments or learning disabilities.
- Advise management, teaching or professional staff on matters pertaining to professional development programs, plan the programs and evaluate the results.
- Keep himself updating in each area of its professional responsibilities.
- Analyze and recommends the purchase of learning materials, supplementary material, equipment, software and program packages and provide advice on room layouts.
- Collect and communicate data relating to his/her field of expertise.
- Participate in the SAES communication plan and write articles for a public purpose (newsletter, Newspaper, Website and so on).
- Collaborate with the school staff on the means for integrating technology into teaching; participate in carrying out related projects.
- Collaborate in any event pertaining to the development of SAES; career fair, program promotions, radio documentary and so on.
- Prepare the calendar, teacher’s and student’s schedules.
- Participate and collaborate in diverse committees where applicable.
- Assume any other responsibility compatible with her/his function that may be assigned by the immediate superior.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate speciality, notably education.
- Master of Education or Master in Administration in a field of Education or Adult Education would be an asset.
- Experience in teaching in school board or in colleges is required.
- High level of autonomy and communication skills.
- Proficiency in English writing, speaking and reading is required.
- Spoken Cree is a definite asset.
- French is a definite asset.
- Information technology and common software user.
- The Ed. Consultant (vt) will mostly work with vocational teachers. On his expertise field, he supports the Local Education Consultants.
- The Ed. Consultant (vt) has to be available to travel at least 20% of his time.
- Regular full-time position.
- 35 hours/week.
- Salary: $25.25/h – $45.22/h
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT:
To be determined
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD ADMINISTRATIVE CENTER
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI, QC G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate competition #: MIS-3606
DATE OF POSTING:
April 27, 2020
END OF POSTING:
May 22, 2020 3:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.