LOCATION OF WORK:
Sabtuan Adult Education Services (SAES) Mistissini
NATURE OF WORK:
- Help us empower adult students to succeed! Working under the Coordinator of General Education, the Education Consultant – Special Needs will contribute to projects, initiatives, and processes that support adult students throughout their learning journey.
- In this role, you will help advance the quality and success of adult education in the Cree Nation by developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and resources. Traveling between the Cree communities of Eeyou Istchee, you will offer support to teachers, the SAES management team and other CSB staff. You will also help to prepare learning materials, review best practices in teaching, and advise administration on how to include special needs considerations in key projects and programs.
- Participate in developing, implementing and evaluating educational projects, strategies, and success plans that empower adult students.
- Contribute to the implementation of special needs programs and advise teachers and administration on how to implement these programs. Advise SAES management and teachers on the optimal use on the students’ learning plan and other student success tools.
- Provide or recommend teaching and evaluation tools and strategies, guiding teachers and staff in the design, preparation, or adaptation of these tools.
- Develop and deliver training activities on student success strategies, special education and other relevant topics.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies/guidelines/rules related to learning and teaching.
- Keep up to date on industry best practices and trends.
- Participate in the SAES communication plan by sharing information as needed (for example, attending events, preparing presentations, being interviewed, and authoring/reviewing texts).
- Participate and collaborate in diverse committees where applicable.
- Assume any other responsibility compatible with his function that may be assigned by the immediate superior.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably education.
- High level of autonomy and communication skills.
- Must hold a Quebec permanent teaching permit (Brevet).
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a teacher.
- Proficiency in English writing, speaking and reading is required.
- Spoken Cree is a definite asset.
- French is a definite asset.
- Experience working with adult students is an asset
- Regular full time position.
- 35 hours/week
- Salary: $25.25/hr – $45.22/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
- Retention Premium: $3,500.00 – $5,000.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3980 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. In you have any questions, contact email@example.com
DATE OF POSTING September 8, 2021
END OF POSTING September 21, 2021 5:00 PM