OPEN POSITION: EDUCATION CONSULTANT – Recognition of Acquired Competencies
LOCATION OF WORK: Sabtuan Adult Education Services (SAES) – Mistissini
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3928
NATURE OF WORK
Are you passionate about helping adult learners reach their education and career goals?
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking an Education Consultant to support adult learners in the RAC (reconnaissance des acquis / recognition of acquired competencies) process.
In this role, you will help adults from across the Cree Nation obtain formal accreditation for their experience and skills. Working one-on-one with adult learners, teachers, and staff, you will arrange skill evaluations and oversee the process for accreditation application. In collaboration with our student success and vocational training teams, you will also guide RAC students in building a learning plan to reach their goals.
This is a rewarding, dynamic job that will make a real difference in the lives of others. If you are an education professional with a knack for navigating processes, working collaboratively, and developing learning plans, this could be the perfect job for you!
- Work with teachers, professional staff, and other education consultants to prepare and implement strategies aimed at helping students receive a RAC.
- Ensure that all RAC information and processes are up to date according to the guidelines in place.
- Advice and support teachers, staff, and other content experts either individually or in a group format on matters pertaining to RAC.
- Develop and deliver training and instrumentation activities on the RAC process and requirements.
- Participate in developing and implementing special projects and the success plans.
- Provide teachers with learning evaluation tools and guides them in the design, preparation, or
adaptation of evaluation tools
- Contribute to the development of innovative learning experimentation in the classroom or in an internship environment.
- Keep up to date on industry best practices and trends.
- Advise management, teaching or professional staff on matters pertaining to customized and vocational training programs.
- Participate in the SAES communication plan by sharing information about the RAC program (for example, attending events, preparing presentations, being interviewed and authoring/reviewing texts).
- Participate and collaborate in diverse committees where applicable.
- Assume any other responsibility compatible with her/his function that may be assigned by the immediate superior.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably education.
- High level of autonomy and strong communication skills.
- Must hold a Quebec permanent teaching permit (Brevet).
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a teacher.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
- Available to travel.
Regular full time position.
Salary: $25.25/hr – $45.22/hr
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Retention Premium: $3,500.00 – $5,000.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3928
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
In you have any questions, contact
DATE OF POSTING
July 7, 2021
END OF POSTING
July 22, 2021 4:30 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form