EDUCATION CONSULTANT – Northern Dialect (Whapmagoostui, Chisasibi, Wemindji)
LOCATION OF WORK:
Cree Programs Services – To be determined
NATURE OF WORK:
The occupation of the education consultant includes the advising of senior officials in educational services, teachers and other professionals in matters concerning the implementation, development and evaluation of the Cree language instruction program, the appropriate academic organization and the selection and use of methods, techniques, equipment, teaching material etc.
This position includes in particular the following responsibilities:
Keeps abreast of research and new developments in the field of education, with respect to curricula and educational methods, complementary activities, manuals and other educational material and evaluation of academic performance.
In conformity with the policy established by the Board, sees to the introduction of both experimental and other new developments.
Provides information on new requirements brought about by changes and encourages a continuous process of evaluation within the milieu.
Contributes with regard to educational services to the development and application of the Board’s policies with regard to management and use of teaching methods and techniques.
Collaborates in the development of Cree educational resources and material.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must pass a Cree Literacy Proficiency Test (Southern Dialect).
- Must possess proficiency in producing materials – documents, letters etc. in Cree using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Publisher, and emails.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study;
- Have 5 years of teaching experience;
- Bilingualism, Cree and English or bilingualism, Cree and French;
- Knowledge of the M.E.E.S.’s programs;
- Willingness to travel.
- Regular full-time position.
- 35 hours/week.
- Salary: $25.25/h – $45,22/h
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $17,652.00
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE. Please indicate the posting #:
CHI-4363. Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE OF POSTING
August 10, 2022
END OF POSTING
August 23, 2022 5:00PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.