LOCATION OF WORK
Chisasibi– (Special Education Services)
NATURE OF WORK
The position includes advising of senior officials in educational services, teachers and other professionals in matters concerning the implementation, development and evaluation of special educational programs, the appropriate academic organization and the selection and use of methods, techniques, equipment, and teaching material related to special education.
- Collaborates in the successful completion of the education project and of institutions’ specific projects; participates in the elaboration, implementation and evaluation of their plan for success while respecting the special education and administrative frameworks at both the institution and school board levels.
- Collaborates in the implementation of the curriculum and training programs, counsels the teachers and management with regard to the interpretation of these programs.
- Counsels and supports teachers; designs, selects and facilitates training and instrumentation activitiesfor adaptation, innovation and instructional development needs in special education.
- Participates with teachers in the elaboration and implementation of strategies and projects aiming to help students who display adjustment or learning difficulties.
- Advises the Board, teaching and professional staff on questions relating to staff training programs, plans these programs and evaluates results.
- Analyses and provides advice on the selection of relevant didactic and complementary special education materials.
- Counsels school interveners on integration methods in education technology; facilitates training and information workshops.
- Collaborates with other interveners within the Board, community schools.
- Trains teachers in the development of Individual Education Plans (IEPS).
- Accompanies teachers in the implementation of Individual Education Plans.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty notably in special education.
- Permanent teaching permit issued by the Minister of Education (Brevet).
- Three (3) years of experience in a similar position.
- Must demonstrate strong teaching abilities, classroom management, methodology and knowledge of MEES programs.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the Cree language and French are an asset.
- Availability to travel.
- Experience as a resource teacher and/or Special Education Department Head.
- Understanding of WOTP programming.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined.
- Temporary, Full-time replacement position for an undetermined period.
- 35 hours per week.
- Salary: $25.25/hr to $45.22/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: CHI-3616
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING: May 20, 2020
END OF POSTING: June 2nd, 2020 5:00 PM