OPEN POSITION: Education Consultant In Special Education
COMPETITION NUMBER: CHI-3734
LOCATION OF WORK: To be determined – (Special Education Services)
NATURE OF WORK
The position includes advising of senior officials in educational services, teachers and other professionals in matters concerning the implementation, development and evaluation of educational programs, the appropriate academic organization and the selection and use of methods, techniques, equipment, and teaching material.
- Collaborates in the successful completion of the education project and of institutions’ specific projects; participates in the elaboration, implementation and evaluation of their plan for success while respecting the educational and administrative frameworks at both the institution and school board levels.
- Collaborates in the implementation of the curriculum and training programs, counsels the teachers and management with regard to the interpretation of these programs.
- Counsels and supports teachers; designs, selects and facilitates training and instrumentation activities for adaptation, innovation and instructional development needs.
- Participates with teachers in the elaboration and implementation of strategies and projects aiming to help students who display adjustment or learning difficulties.
- Advises the Board, teaching and professional staff on questions relating to staff training programs, plans these programs and evaluates results.
- Analyses and provides advice on the selection of relevant didactic and complementary materials.
- Counsels school interveners on integration methods in education technology; facilitates training and information workshops.
- Collaborates with other interveners within the Board, community schools.
- Trains teachers in the development of Individual Education Plans (IEPS).
- Accompanies teachers in the implementation of Individual Education Plans.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty notably in special education;
- Permanent teaching permit issued by the Minister of Education (Brevet);
- Three (3) years of experience in a similar position;
- Must demonstrate strong teaching abilities, classroom management, methodology and knowledge of M.E.E.S. programs;
- English is required, French and Cree are assets;
- Availability to travel;
- Experience as a resource teacher and/or Special Education Department Head.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- As soon as possible
- Regular, full-time position
35 hours per week.
- Salary: $25.25/hr to $45.22/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $17,652.00
- Retention Premium: $3,500.00 – $7,000.00
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street MISTISSINI, QC G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate the competition #: CHI-3734
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING
October 30, 2020
END OF POSTING
November 12, 2020 4:30 PM