OPEN POSITION: Education Consultant – English Language Arts and History
COMPETITION NUMBER: CHI-3701
LOCATION OF WORK: To be determined – Instructional Services
NATURE OF WORK
The Education Consultant position more specifically includes advising of senior officials in educational services, teachers and other professionals in matters concerning the implementation, development and evaluation of educational programs, specifically the Guaranteed and Viable curriculum; and the appropriate academic organization and the selection and use of teaching and learning; and evaluation methods, techniques, equipment, teaching material, etc
- The Education Consultant collaborates in the successful completion of the education project and of institutions’ specific projects; participates in the elaboration, implementation and evaluation of their plan for success while respecting the educational and administrative frameworks at both the institution and school board levels.
- Collaborates in the implementation of the Guaranteed and Viable curriculum and in the writing and revising of the curriculum as required; and training programs, counsels the teachers and management with regard to the interpretation of these programs, designs and facilitates workshops and training sessions on the
elements of the program; collaborates in the elaboration of learning situations and supports experimental and other new developments, participates in the elaboration of assessments.
- Counsels and supports teachers on an individual and collective basis; designs, selects and facilitates training and instrumentation activities for adaptation, innovation and instructional development needs.
- Participates with the multidisciplinary team in the elaboration and review of intervention plans as needed
- Advises the Board, teaching and professional staff on questions relating to staff training programs, plans these programs and evaluates results.
- Analyses and provides advice on the selection of relevant didactic and complementary materials, equipment, software packages, and evaluation of academic performance.
- Organizes and participates with teacher teams from all schools in the annual development and marking of CSB exams. Analyses and reports to the Coordinator of Instructional Services on the exam results.
- Counsels school interveners on integration methods in education technology; collaborates in the successful completion of such projects; facilitates training and information workshops on the elements of the technology integration program.
- Collaborates with other interveners within the Board, community schools, and partner organizations and the Ministère de l’Éducation, et de l’Enseignement superieur.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty notably education.
- A permanent teaching permit issued by the Minister of Education of Quebec (Brevet).
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a teacher.
- Must demonstrate strong teaching abilities, classroom management, methodology and knowledge of M.E.E.S. programs.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the Cree language and French are assets.
- Availability to travel.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- To be determined.
- Regular Full-time
35 hours per week.
- Salary: $25.25/hr – $45.22/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
- Retention Premium: $3,500.00 – $5,000.00
DATE OF POSTING
September 21, 2020
END OF POSTING
October 2nd, 2020 3:00 PM
Please forward your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate the competition #: CHI-3701
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.