LOCATION OF WORK:
Sabtuan Adult Education Services (SAES) Mistissini
NATURE OF WORK:
Are you a knowledgeable vocational training professional looking for a new challenge?
The Education Consultant – Customized Training will help Sabtuan Adult Education Services build new, exciting training solutions to meet the specific skill needs of employers from various industry sectors in the Cree Nation. Working under the Coordinator of Vocational Training, you will travel to between the Cree communities of Eeyou Istchee to support the development and implementation of customized training solutions. Collaborating with teachers, staff, and external stakeholders, you will use your problemsolving skills and expertise to establish partnerships, develop tailored training programs and courses, and support implementation of new initiatives.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of customized training solutions.
- Apply project management principles to various phases of the training development process, from conducting the job analysis, developing training targets and materials, to launching the training and conducting the final evaluation. Participate in the process of planning, funding, communicating and launching customized trainings.
- Advise management, teachers, and professional staff on matters pertaining to customized training, providing formal training on the topic as needed.
- Provide or recommend teaching and evaluation tools and strategies, guiding teachers and staff in the design, preparation, or adaptation of these tools.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies/guidelines/rules related to learning and teaching.
- Keep up to date on industry best practices and trends.
- Analyze, recommend, and develop training materials, supplementary material, equipment, software, program packages and classroom layouts.
- Participate in the SAES communication plan by sharing information as needed (for example, attending events, preparing presentations, being interviewed, and authoring/reviewing texts).
- Support the preparation of calendars and schedules for customized training.
- Participate and collaborate in diverse committees where applicable. • Assume any other responsibility compatible with her/his function that may be assigned by the immediate superior.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably education.
- High level of autonomy and communication skills.
- Must hold a Quebec permanent teaching permit (Brevet).
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a teacher.
- Proficiency in English and French writing, speaking and reading is required.
- Spoken Cree is a definite asset.
- Regular full time position.
- 35 hours/week
- Salary: $25.25/hr – $45.22/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
- Retention Premium: $3,500.00 – $5,000.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-4094
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE OF POSTING: November 24, 2021
END OF POSTING: December 16, 2021 4:30 PM