LOCATION OF WORK
Mistissini – Sabtuan Adult Education Services
NATURE OF WORK
The position of education consultant encompasses, in particular, responsibility for providing advice and support, coaching and general teaching with a particular focus on course development by providing culturally relevant pedagogical support to teachers.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the educational and professional information service, while complying with the academic and administrative requirements of both the educational institutions and the school board.
- Develop teacher training and acts as a resource person to support the daily action of teachers on an individual and collective basis. He assists teachers in their main responsibilities towards achieving common objective.
- Plan, organize and lead educational and professional information activities, innovation training and educational development activities, conferences, industrial visits, information evenings.
- Oversee the analysis, evaluation, codification and, if necessary, the adaptation of academic and professional information intended for the school clientele; he keeps abreast of the evolution of the labor market and programs, in particular through research and the study of documentation.
- Participate with teachers in the elaboration and implementation of strategies and projects aiming to integrate the Cree worldview in SAES’ instructional activities in support of the SAES Cultural Strategy – approved by the Council of Commissioners.
- Analyze and recommend the purchase of learning materials, supplementary materials, equipment, software and program packages, and provides advice on room layouts.
- Prepare and update files according to the rules defined by the school board.
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably education;
- Three (3) years of experience in a similar position;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of Cree and French are an asset;
- Knowledge of adult general education programs is an asset;
- Willingness to travel.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Regular, Full-Time Position
Salary: $25.25/hr – $45.22/hr
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Retention premium: $5,500.00 – $10,000.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: MIS-4477
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
October 19th, 2022
END OF POSTING
November 1st, 2022 5:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.