LOCATION OF WORK
Waskaganish – Instructional Services
NATURE OF WORK
The Education Consultant position more specifically includes functions of counsel and support towards interveners of educational institutions and educational services with regard to curriculum, classroom management and didactics implementation, development and evaluation.
- The Education Consultant collaborates in the successful completion of the education project and of institutions’ specific projects; participates in the elaboration, implementation and evaluation of their plan for success while respecting the educational and administrative frameworks at both the institution and school board levels.
- Collaborates in the implementation of the Guaranteed and Viable curriculum and in the writing and revising of the curriculum as required; and training programs, counsels the teachers and management with regard to the interpretation of these programs, designs and facilitates workshops and training sessions on the elements of the program; collaborates in the elaboration of learning situations and supports classroom experimentation.
- Counsels and supports teachers on an individual and collective basis to support daily action; designs or selects and facilitates training and instrumentation activities for adaptation, innovation and instructional development needs.
- Provides material for teacher on the evaluation of the learning acquisitions; guides during the design, elaboration or adaptation of evaluation tools.
- Participates with teachers in the elaboration and implementation of strategies and projects aiming to help students who display or are susceptible of displaying adjustment or learning difficulties.
- Counsels management, teaching and professional staff on questions relating to the staff training programs, plans these programs and evaluates the results.
- Analyses and provides advice on the selection of relevant didactic materials, complementary materials, equipment, software and software packages; provides advice on room layouts.
- Organizes and participates with teacher teams from all schools in the annual development and marking of CSB exams. Analyses and reports to the Coordinator of Instructional Services on the exam results.
- Counsels school interveners on integration methods in education technology; collaborates in the successful completion of projects heading in this direction; elaborates and facilitates training and information workshops on the elements of the technology integration program.
- Collaborates with other interveners within the school community, partner organizations and the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport.
- University Bachelor’s degree in an area of specialization relevant to the position, particularly in education.
- Permanent teaching permit issued by the Minister of Education; (Brevet d’enseignement).
- Knowledge of the Quebec Education Reform; particularly the French Second Language and Elementary programs.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a teacher.
- Must demonstrate very strong teaching abilities, more specifically at the classroom management, methodology and content levels.
- Bilingualism Cree & English or bilingualism Cree & French.
- Willingness to travel
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined.
- Regular Full-time
- 35 hours per week.
- Salary: $25.25/hr – $45.22/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
- Retention Premium: $3,500.00 – $5,000.00
Please complete the Application Form found HERE. Please indicate posting #: CHI-4049
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTING DATE October 27, 2021
END OF POSTING November 9, 2021 5:00 PM