- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
OPEN POSITION: EDUCATION CONSULTANT – Cree Culture
COMPETITION NUMBER: CHI-3810
LOCATION OF WORK: Cree Programs Services – Chisasibi
NATURE OF WORK:
The occupation of the education consultant includes the advising of Managers in educational services, teachers and other professionals in matters concerning the implementation, development and evaluation of the Cree culture instruction program, the appropriate academic organization and the selection and use of methods, techniques, equipment, teaching material etc.
This position includes in particular the following responsibilities:
Keeps abreast of research and new developments in the field of education, with respect to curricula and educational methods, complementary activities, manuals and other educational material and evaluation of academic performance.
In conformity with the policy established by the Board, sees to the introduction of both experimental and other new developments.
Provides information on new requirements brought about by changes and encourages a continuous process of evaluation within the milieu.
Contributes with regard to educational services to the development and application of the Board’s policies with regard to management and use of teaching methods and techniques.
Collaborates in the development of Cree educational resources and material.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must present a Cree Culture timeline.
- Must have knowledge of safety on the land, hunting safety measures, working with tools for wood craving.
- Must have experience working with tools for wood carving.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study.
- Have 5 years of teaching experience;
- Be fluent in written, oral and reading Cree Language.
- Bilingualism, Cree and English or bilingualism, Cree and French.
- Knowledge of the M.E.E.S.’s programs.
- Willingness to travel.
Regular full-time position.
Salary: $25.25/h – $45.22/h
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: CHI-3810
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
In you have any questions, contact
DATE OF POSTING:
February 5, 2021
END OF POSTING:
February 18, 2021 4:30 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the