LOCATION OF WORK
Professional Development Services
NATURE OF WORK
The occupation of the education consultant includes the advising of senior officials in educational services, teachers and other professionals in matters concerning the implementation, development and evaluation of the teacher trainee program, the appropriate academic organization and the selection and use of methods, techniques, equipment, teaching material etc.
- Keeps abreast of research and new developments in the field of education, with respect to curriculum and educational methods, complementary activities, manuals and other educational material and evaluation of academic performance.
- Sees to the introduction of both experimental and other new developments in the area of professional development; in conformity with the policy established by the Board.
- Provides information on new requirements brought about by changes and encourages a continuous process of evaluation within the milieu and advises the Board and all persons concerned.
- Evaluates classroom skills in the areas of management, methodology and content.
- Provide information to students and the school administration regarding academic courses and course schedules.
- Carry out formative and summative assessments during the Field Experiences for the students in the programs.
- Support and mentor students who are in the classrooms
- Co-ordinate the logistics of courses offered in the communities that the Education Consultant is responsible for.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Must hold a Quebec permanent teaching permit (Brevet).
- Bilingualism required, Cree and English.
- French is an asset
- Knowledge of the M.E.E.S. programs.
- Willingness to travel.
- Regular Full-time position 35 hrs/week
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined
- Salary: $25.25/h – $45.22/h
- Northern Allowance: $10,015.00 – $17,652.00
- Retention Premium: $5,500 to $7,000
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate the competition #: WHAP-3624
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING
June 8, 2020
END OF POSTING
June 19, 2020, 3:00 PM