Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Period Of Employment14/14 Rotation
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level College
The Technical Services team is seeking a Drilling and Blasting Technician for the Renard underground mine. Reporting to the Drilling and Blasting Coordinator, you will be responsible for the design of production drilling plans, loading plans, shooting sequences, monitoring and quality control of drilling and loading operations in the field. Working closely with the production department, you will provide the necessary technical support to ensure that drilling and explosives loading operations are kept running smoothly.
Why does this opportunity stand out?
- To work at the only diamond mine in Quebec;
- We are the 2nd mine in Canada (and the only one in Quebec) to use the Incline Caving method of mining, an incredible opportunity to learn;
- We offer a work environment that stands out for its excellent communication and collaboration between the different departments.
You will contribute to the success of the organization by performing the following responsibilities
- Design drilling plans for production sites, loading plans and shooting sequence plans;
- Provide technical support to ensure drilling and explosives loading operations are kept running smoothly;
- Perform underground quality control during drilling and loading operations;
- Perform daily follow-up of drilling and blasting operations;
- Participate in various optimization projects related to drilling and production blasting;
- Perform data processing and analysis related to drilling and production blasting.
What do you need to succeed?
- You have a college diploma in mineral technology or any other training with equivalent experience in drilling and blasting;
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in an underground operation;
- You have a good knowledge of software such as Autocad, Promine, or other similar software;
- You have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Your modular mining worker training (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7) will be considered an asset;
- You have a valid general explosives permit and a valid driver’s license;
- You are recognized for your excellent teamwork skills as well as your ability to plan, organize, execute and analyze.