- Period Of Employment14/14 Rotation
Position: Drilling and Blasting Technician
Requisition Number: 1642
Department: Technical Services
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Homeports: Val-d’Or, Chapais-Chibougamau, St-Hubert or Quebec
The Technical Services team is seeking a Drilling and Blasting Technician for the Renard underground mine. Reporting to the Drilling and Blasting Coordinator, you will be responsible for the design of production drilling plans, loading plans, shooting sequences, follow-up and quality control of drilling and loading operations in the field. Working closely with the production department, you will provide the necessary technical support to ensure that drilling and explosives loading operations are kept running smoothly.
Why does this opportunity stand out?
- To work at the only diamond mine in Quebec;
- We are the 2nd mine in Canada (and the only one in Quebec) to use the Incline Caving method of mining, an incredible opportunity to learn;
- We offer a work environment that stands out for its excellent communication and collaboration between the different departments.
You will contribute to the success of the organization by performing the following responsibilities:
- Design drilling plans for production sites, loading plans and shooting sequence plans;
- Provide technical support to ensure that drilling and explosives loading operations are kept running smoothly;
- Perform underground quality control during drilling and loading operations;
- Perform daily follow-up of drilling and blasting operations;
- Participate in various optimization projects related to drilling and production blasting;
- Perform data processing and analysis related to drilling and production blasting.
What do you need to succeed?
- You have a college diploma in mineral technology or any other training with equivalent experience in drilling and blasting;
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience in an underground operation;
- You have a good knowledge of software such as Autocad, Promine, or other similar software;
- You have a good command of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Your modular mining worker training (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7) will be considered an asset;
- You have a valid general explosives permit and a valid driver’s license;
- You are recognized for your excellent teamwork skills as well as your ability to plan, organize, execute and analyze.
Who We Are
At Stornoway, our 530 employees are what define our company. We hire talented people who work as a team with passion, respect and integrity to work towards the prosperity of all. Together, we operate the first diamond mine in Quebec, the Renard Mine.
True to our values, we create opportunities for our employees to fulfill their career aspirations. We encourage and support teamwork as an integral part of our success. We work with integrity and honesty. We cultivate an environment of respect and inclusion and communicate openly at all levels of the organization. Finally, we look for talented, dedicated and committed people who work with passion. We recognize achievement, hard work and effort.
What we offer
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a contribution to the retirement savings plan and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
We offer a safe work environment combined with several benefits:
– Easy access to the mine site via 4 home ports
– Private accommodation (Bedroom and bathroom)
– Large selection of meals
– Free wifi service at the camp
– Laundry facilities with soap provided
– Health & wellness program
– Weight room and arena
– Hiking trail – snowshoeing
– Leisure activities (painting, cooking, photography, movie nights, etc.)
– Reimbursement of protective eyewear with prescription
– Internal training program
– Reimbursement of tuition fees
– Reimbursement of membership fees to professional associations
– Relocation program (Chapais and Chibougamau) with financial support from Stornoway
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.