Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Reporting to the Mining Engineering Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for the stope design related to long hole drilling and blasting activities. He or she also carries out field follow-up, plan layouts, data compilation and participates in the decision-making process.
• To ensure the follow-up of the different workplaces specific to drilling and blasting.
• Design drilling patterns and blasting sequences for stopes.
• Detail the drilling, blasting and mucking plans as well as the design of the various barricades (i.e. access limits).
• Ensure good drilling and blasting practices are followed in order to control dilution and maximize mining recovery during stope extraction.
• Perform stope performance analyses.
• Conduct drilling quality control underground visits and drilling deviation analyses
• Respect, know and promote the company’s regulations and policies, particularly in the area of health and safety.
• All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties.
• Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
• College diploma in Exploitation/Mineral Technology
• Minimum 5 years’ pertinent experience in an underground mine
• Practical experience in drill & blast considered an asset
• Valid explosives permit
• Mining modules (F.M.T.M. 1 to 5, and 7)
• Strong computer skills, including Deswik and Microsoft Office Suite
• Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
• Organizational skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than March 2nd, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.