- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Whapmagoostui
- Education Level College
Job Posting Number: N-1920-0280C
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Person at an outpost or dispensary in a locality covered by the provisions on regional disparities, who, in addition to his regular duties as a nurse, does patient assessments that allow a doctor to make a diagnosis at a distance and determine the appropriate interventions. Also is required to carry out actions and interventions that are generally reserved to doctors in other work environments.
- Awash services support pregnant mothers, young children and their families. This includes providing preventive services such as pre & postnatal care, well-baby checkups, immunization & breastfeeding support, but also long-term follow up and support services for families with children with special needs or psychosocial difficulties.
- The Uschiniichisuu life cycle service components aim at providing health and social services for prevention, care, rehabilitation and support of children and youth 10-29 years old and their families. The goals of the Uschiniichisuu services is to help foster health and well-being in Eeyou youth by addressing their security and developmental needs as well as developing their strengths in order to meet the challenges of going through the transitional period towards adulthood. The Awash and Uschiniichisuu nurse works in a multidisciplinary approach.
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q ;
- Three (3) years of experience as a nurse including:
- One (1) year of experience in critical care or
- Two (2) years of experience at the CBHSSJB
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
- Includes on-call periods for Current Services;
- This position includes extended role functions;
- A skill-based test may be required.
*Nurses who have followed the extended role training and have not successfully completed this training are excluded from this posting. However, the nurse who demonstrates a minimum one-year of new acute care experience since the training may request a reconsideration of this exclusion.
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
P.O. Box 250, Chisasibi, QC
Tel: 819-855-2744 Fax: 819-855-2680 Email: email@example.com
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.