Posting # PR-MGMT-2021-0018
Position # 0015
DIRECTOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND QUALITY ASSURANCE – HEALTH (0261)
|DEPARTMENT:||Professional Services and Quality Assurance (731577)|
|WORK LOCATION:||Eeyou Istchee Communities|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Senior Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 41: Min. $91,523 – Max $118,980|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Regional Proximity Director-Regional Miyupimaatisiiun Quality Assurance and Service Delivery, the incumbent contributes to the assurance of the quality of services provided by the nursing and associated paraprofessional staff for the scope of the organization’s programs and services that involve nursing staff and their practice. This is carried out by assuming the professional role of a Director of Professional Services and Quality Assurance – Health (DPSQA-Health) through integrated co-management relationships with the line and other staff/functional managements in the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB).
- Assumes the legal role and professional responsibility of a Director of Nursing (Directeur/trice des Soins Infirmiers/DSI) as described in applicable laws and as referenced by provincial instances.
- Oversees the planning, organization, coordination, implementation, control, support and reporting of nursing activities at the CBHSSJB and other associated paraprofessional activities.
- Collaborates in the program planning of the organization’s clinical and psychosocial programs and services.
- Ensures the design, development, organization, distribution, up-dating and evaluation of the nursing staff’s care and service including professional practice, standards objectives, programs, policies, procedures, regulations, protocols, clinical norms and standards, criteria, techniques, and support tools, for all current and prospective clinical and integrated programs involving nursing staff.
- Collaborates in the development of Nishiiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun healing practices and models in the health practice.
- Provides expertise concerning litigation situations regarding the application of the nursing clinical and ethical rules, and produces a documented expert opinion.
- Evaluates that the relevant nursing ethics, laws, protocols and authorities are respected in the services and programs.
- Ensures collaboration with the Quebec Order of Nurses (L’Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec) and any other accreditation bodies on the professional inspection process, and ensures the carrying out of inspection recommendations.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of clinical and management information systems.
- Sits on the executive of the Council of Nurses, and contributes as per its regulations.
- Ensures human, financial, material, and information resources management and the general administration of the Direction.
- Bachelor of Nursing;
- Member of the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec;
- University degree in healthcare management or other relevant discipline is an asset.
- 5-7 years of experience in management of healthcare services.
- Experience in providing nursing services in a northern indigenous context is an asset.
Knowledge and abilities
- Strong knowledge of the MSSS and Quebec Healthcare programs, legislation and regulations, the RUIS Network, JBNQA and legislation pertaining to Cree Health services.
- Strong knowledge of current trends in nursing care, evidence-based practice and nursing service management.
- Strong knowledge of public health current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and programs, and quality assurance systems.
- Good knowledge of orientations and trends for integration of traditional methods of healing into frontline services.
- Strong knowledge of current issues and trends in human resources management, operational delivery planning, organization, coordination, supervision and quality assurance systems.
- Strong leadership and line management skills, including finance, material and information resources management.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with departments staff/functional in a line-staff organization.
- Ability to maintain quality assurance of existing services and programs.
- Ability to lead and manage the planning and development of new clinical programs, services, supporting protocols and to maintain consistent application of decision principles.
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nations health and social services programming and delivery of healthcare services in a northern context.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and processes.
- Ability to apply Eeyou (Cree) culture and values in the workplace.
- Ability to work in a team and to lead teams through a change management approach.
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and able to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, respectful leadership and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills, encompassing listening, writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Cree culture, communities and language is an asset.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time to the community of Chisasibi if based elsewhere.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-03-20 / 2021-04-03|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if based in a Cree community|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.