- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
STATUS: FULL-TIME PERMANENT
Under the general direction of the Cree Nation of Mistissini but more specifically under the supervision of the Director-General, the Director of Miichuwaap is responsible for the overall planning, management, and supervision of the operations for the Miichuwaap Department. The incumbent is also responsible for the implementation of the Council’s strategic goals and objectives, the strategic oversight and planning for all the housing construction and renovation activities of the Cree Nation of Mistissini.
- Chair the Housing Authority and ensure it fulfill its mandate following the Housing Law;
- • Develop, implement and communicate departmental goals and objectives, in line with the organizational and departmental mission and vision;
- Plan and allocate resources to successfully meet departmental goals;
- Lead the development, implementation, communication, and evaluation of policies, processes, and procedures for departmental operations, services, and programs;
- Lead the development, implementation communication and evaluation of new programs, services, initiatives and projects in line with community needs and departmental goals;
- Determine the construction and renovation needs for the Cree Nation of Mistissni administrative goals and objectives, budget, material and human resources and other constraints if any;
- Plan and secure funding for housing construction and renovation activities; Once plans and budgets are approved he/she will provide debriefings to assigned project managers regarding housing constructions renovation projects;
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operations of the Department;
- Review performance data that includes financial and activity reports, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness;
- Participate in the negotiation of agreements relevant to his/her area of responsibility. Follow-up and monitor the implementation of all housing-related and signed agreements;
- Act as a liaison to promote positive relations and concerted action with all internal and external actors/partners, e.g., Housing Authority, Council of the Cree Nation of Mistissini, the Canada Mortgage Housing Corporation (CMHC), federal, provincial and municipal governments, etc.
- Plan, prepare and validate project budgets for the department;
- Seek additional funding/budget to implement programs related to the departmental goals and monitor accurate use of these funds;
- Ensure financial responsibility across the Department to the Housing By-law.
- Supervise the Corporate Secretary, the Finance Coordinator, the Housing Coordinator, the Maintenance Coordinator, and the Inspector;
- Ensure that managers and/or supervisors within the team are establishing objectives that are in alignment with departmental objectives;
- Promote on-going, effective, and open communication with employees. Keep staff members informed of decisions that impact them and/or their Department;
- Develop all direct reports by notably providing continuous feedback, conducting periodic performance evaluations and providing relevant training opportunities when needed;
- Oversee preparation and approve reports regarding the status and progress of the Department services, programs, projects, and initiatives, to track goal accomplishment, as well as budget status; Ensure timeliness of reporting obligations are met;
- Perform other duties as may be delegated from time to time by the Council of the Cree Nation of Mistissini.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in administration and or management; Certification in Project Management will be considered an asset;
- Five to eight years of relevant work experience in administration and management or related field.
- Strong knowledge of northern construction logistics, contract law, and the construction industry.
- Knowledge of technical design and construction techniques in northern regions.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong leadership, management, and supervisory skills.
- Strong writing skills with proven success in maintaining communications and strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and efficiently with community members;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong judgment in complex situations and influencing stakeholders;
- Proven ability to problem-solve, to think strategically, and to take initiative.
- • Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- • Fluency in English, fluency in spoken Cree, Fluency in French will be considered an asset.
SALARY: Job Class 8: $ 82,585.91 – $ 123,879.38
DATE OF POSTING: July 01, 2020
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 17, 2020
PLEASE ADDRESS APPLICATIONS TO:
Andrew Neeposh, Director of Human Resources
Cree Nation of Mistissini
187 Main Street
Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
ANY DIPLOMAS/CERTIFICATES SPECIFIED IN APPLICATION SHOULD BE PROVIDED, ALONG WITH (2) REFERENCE CONTACTS.
Applications are to be forwarded to Emily S. Brien, Administrative Assistant to Human Resources or email firstname.lastname@example.org