OPEN POSITION: Director of Digital Learning
LOCATION: Office of the Deputy Director General – Pedagogy
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3787
NATURE OF WORK
The Director of Digital Learning develops and leads the overall digital learning agenda of the Cree School Board, focusing on the development and implementation of e-learning plans and the selection and deployment of learning platforms and management systems across the CSB, with the end goal of equipping the CSB to develop high-quality digital learning and competencies to support student success, prepare students for their next step in life, and enable inspired teaching.
Reporting to the DDG Pedagogy, the Director of Digital Learning leads the Digital Learning Department, working directly with Youth and Adult Education sectors, as well other areas of the CSB on the adoption of digital learning practices.
Digital learning is part of the CSB Strategic Action Plan (Key Initiative 4.6) and an important part of the education ministry Digital Action Plan. In addition to delivering instruction during urgent situations, digital learning will eventually allow for students to take more enriched and varied options of courses, as well as provide students with other ways to learn, at all levels.
The Director of Digital Learning leads by example, fosters a spirit of teamwork, engages employees and facilitates a workplace culture in keeping with the CSB organizational values.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director General – Pedagogy in the development and execution of the departmental strategic initiatives and annual action plan for the Youth Sector.
- Contribute to the preparation of the departmental budget and monitor budget of select operations / projects.
- Participate in the development and implementation of departmental initiatives, processes, internal procedures and policies, and ensure monitoring, as well as compliance in line with key performance measures.
- Implement and maintain up-to-date efficient and effective systems, databases/ files and administrative standards that respond to the needs of the department while supporting the overall organization and ensuring alignment with legal and governance requirements.
- Coordinate and/or prepare and analyze select reports and circulate, as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relations within his/her sector, across the CSB and with external stakeholders.
- Provide pertinent information to and respond to queries from internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Create and deliver a structured, digital learning strategy for the CSB that will respond to organizational digital learning needs, increase learning options, and develop e-learning competencies across the organization.
- Develop culturally relevant digital learning methodology, framework, and tools for use across the CSB
- Active participation and direct support to the MEES/ CSB Digital Action Plan and the development of digital competencies at the CSB
- Functional lead for the selection, development and deployment of management learning system across the CSB (particularly for Youth and Adult Education sectors)
- Provide expertise and support to instructional services / curriculum developers in the creation and implementation of digital learning activities within their initiatives
- Ensure training and support to teachers and students in the use of digital learning platforms/e-learning.
- Oversee the administration of teacher and student accounts
- Remains abreast of leading practices in the field of digital learning and solutions. Develops and maintains network and represents CSB in this area.
- Plan and allocate staffing resources
- Determine staffing plan according to budget, including determining job duties
- Select or participate in selecting staff.
- Provide coaching, leadership, motivation and guidance to staff, including goal setting, feedback and performance development planning
- Establish work priorities and resource requirements for the department
- Supervise employees under his/ her direct supervision
- Bachelor’s degree and a valid Quebec teaching license (brevet) or other Canadian teaching qualification or similar.
- Master’s degree in Educational Technology or relevant experience in education.
- At least 8 years’ experience in pedagogy and solid experience with educational technology / digital learning.
- Highly proficient oral and written and written English is required; Oral Cree is highly desired and oral and written French is a definite asset.
KEY COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Practical knowledge of education technology and digital learning environments
- Knowledge of Cree culture and indigenous learning is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across all levels and functions and to develop strong organizational knowledge
- Able to manage complex reporting relationships
- Adapts and responds positively to changing priorities in role and organization
- Ability to initiate, plan and manage projects
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Well-developed listening, communication and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated judgment and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Eeyou Istchee, CSB organization, stakeholders, and processes is an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft platforms is an asset.
Other/ working conditions:
- Travel is required, typically across Eeyou Istchee and occasionally to Montreal or similar.
- Preference is for the position to be based in Mistissini (approximately 50% of time) however candidates living within reasonable travel distances by air or road can also be considered
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*
Regular, Full-Time Position
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $99,629.00 to $132,836.00
Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
*Benefits and working conditions according to the ByLaw regarding the Conditions of Employment of Management and according internal procedures.
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3787
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
In you have any questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE OF POSTING:
January 11, 2021
END OF POSTING:
January 22, 2021 3:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.