- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
OPEN POSITION: Director of Complementary Services
LOCATION: Office of the Deputy Director General – Pedagogy
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3788
NATURE OF WORK
The Director of Complementary Services develops and leads strategies to support a comprehensive educational experience for all students in the Youth Sector, recognizing that education success is broader than academic success, with the ultimate goal of ensuring that students’ social, emotional, and overall well-being is supported in conjunction with their academic learning experience so they may become successful contributors to the Cree Nation and society at large.
Reporting to the DDG Pedagogy, the Director of Complementary Services leads the Complementary Services Department, working across the Youth
sector, as well other areas of the CSB to ensure the successful deployment of programs and services.
The Director of Complementary Services leads by example, fosters a spirit of teamwork, engages employees and facilitates a workplace culture in keeping with the CSB organizational values.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director General – Pedagogy in the development and execution of the departmental strategic initiatives and annual action plan for the Youth Sector.
- Contribute to the preparation of the departmental budget and monitor budget of select operations / projects.
- Participate in the development and implementation of departmental initiatives, processes, internal procedures and policies, and ensure monitoring, as well as compliance in line with key performance measures.
- Implement and maintain up-to-date efficient and effective systems, databases/ files and administrative standards that respond to the needs of the department while supporting the overall organization and ensuring alignment with legal and governance requirements.
- Coordinate and/or prepare and analyze select reports and circulate, as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relations within his/her sector, across the CSB and with external stakeholders.
- Provide pertinent information to and respond to queries from internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Leads a structured, culturally relevant Complementary Services mandate and strategy that will respond to needs of the whole student, support them in their education journey, and contribute to the CSB’s goal of student success.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategies, frameworks, models, and programs to ensure delivery and monitoring of learning assistance services (including Special Education, Response to Intervention, and Guidance Counselling), student life services (including Student Services, sports, social, and community activities), as well as health and social services (including collaboration with Cree Board of Health and overseeing the implementation of the Joint Protocol on Youth Protection with the Cree Justice and Correctional Services).
- Provides consultation and information to administrators, managers, directors, school committees and commissioners on matters related to Complementary Education Services.
- Oversees the direction of research and development in the areas included in Complementary Services
- Develops research-based approaches to address the socio-emotional well-being of students at the CSB; collaborates with colleagues and partners supporting the academic needs of students.
- Remains abreast of leading practices in the functional areas covered by Complementary Services. Develops and maintains network and represents CSB in this area.
- Plan and allocate staffing resources
- Determine staffing plan according to budget, including determining job duties
- Select or participate in selecting staff.
- Provide coaching, leadership, motivation and guidance to staff, including goal setting, feedback and performance development planning
- Establish work priorities and resource requirements for the department
- Supervise employees under his/ her direct supervision, including Coordinator of Special Education and Coordinator of Response to
- Bachelor’s degree and a valid Quebec teaching license (brevet) or other Canadian teaching qualification or similar.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- At least 8 years’ experience in pedagogy and solid management experience.
- Highly proficient oral and written and written English is required; Oral Cree is highly desired and oral and written French is a definite asset.
KEY COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Practical knowledge of education technology and online learning environments
- Knowledge of Cree culture and indigenous learning is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across all levels and functions and to develop strong organizational knowledge
- Able to manage complex reporting relationships
- Adapts and responds positively to changing priorities in role and organization
- Ability to initiate, plan and manage projects
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Well-developed listening, communication and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated judgment and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Eeyou Istchee, CSB organization, stakeholders, and processes is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft platforms is an asset
Other/ working conditions
- Travel is required, typically across Eeyou Istchee and occasionally to Montreal or similar.
- Location: To Be Determined
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*
Regular, Full-Time Position
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $99,629.00 to $132,836.00
Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
*Benefits and working conditions according to the ByLaw regarding the Conditions of Employment ofManagement and according internal procedures.
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3788
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
In you have any questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE OF POSTING:
January 11, 2021
END OF POSTING:
January 22, 2021 3:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.