LOCATION OF WORK:
- Reporting to the Director-General of the Cree School Board (CSB), the Director of Communications & Community Relations is responsible for establishing the organization-wide communication strategy and plan for the CSB in alignment with the organization’s mission, vision and values as well as in support of the Strategic Action Plan.
- As a member of the CSB Senior Management Group, the Director of Communication and Community Relations also plays a key role in providing advice and expertise to the Director-General and Chairperson of CSB, and to all the administrators of the CSB to communicate more effectively and foster good relations with community members and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of the overall CSB Strategic Action Plan (5-year plan) as well as the annual planning process (priorities and objectives).
- In alignment with the Strategic Action Plan, lead the development of a Communications Strategy, direct and monitor its execution on an ongoing basis.
- Lead the development and monitoring of Communication strategies, objectives, policies, and programs.
- Oversee the overall operational, administrative, budgetary and financial activities of the department.
- Establish communication governance and guidelines, including the CSB visual identity and standards.
- Act as the custodian of the organizational communication strategies and practices.
- Provide guidance and leadership with communication programs in support of organizational priorities, high profile projects and initiatives as well as internal skills development. Provide support and expertise in the area of stakeholders relations.
- Oversee internal communication activities including the development of the annual report, key internal memorandums, key messages, Q&A’s and other organization documents, as required.
- Ensure adequate content governance and publication for the CSB website and employee portal.
- Manage external issues by working with the media in both proactive and reactive situations, as well as provide issues management support.
- Direct the work of third-party service providers including design firms, PR firms, print houses and writers, as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in Communication or other related discipline or hold a senior executive or senior staff position, excluding a manager position in a board.
- 8 years of related experience.
- Fluent in English and French, oral and written.
- Cree culture and language competencies must be available within the Communication function.
- Regular, Full-time position 35 hrs/week
- Salary: $99,629.00 – $132,836.00
- Northern Allowance: $ 8,484.00 – $ 13,573.00
- *Given the current salary regulations and guidelines at the Cree School Board, candidates from another Quebec School Board will be able to obtain a salary as per the scale above-mentioned. However, candidates that are not from the education sector are not eligible to a salary above the midpoint of the position’s salary scale.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE. Please indicate posting #: MIS-3997 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING: September 23, 2021
END OF POSTING: October 8, 2021 3:00 P.M