The Cluster of Excellence in Nordic Tourism is an organization whose objective is to position the Nord-du-Québec region (Eeyou Istchee/Baie-James) as a world-class destination for nature, cultural, and adventure tourism in accordance with sustainable development principles that support and foster the social, cultural, and economic well-being of Cree and Jamesian communities.
The Director reports directly to the Governance Committee of the Nord-du-Québec Cluster of Excellence in Nordic Tourism (Eeyou Istchee/Baie-James region). The Director implements Cluster activities and mobilizes resources in the private tourism sector. He or she provides expertise in project management in support of tourism promoters and businesses, enabling them to achieve their projects as part of the ACCORD Cluster strategy and action plan and the 2020-2023 Nordic Action Plan.
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITÉS
- Ensure implementation of Cluster initiatives
- Design the Cluster’s strategic plan in conjunction with the Committee
- Transform the strategic plan into a series of tangible initiatives designed to benefit members
- Plan, manage, and coordinate projects stemming from the action plan
- Mobilize the tourism industry and other Cluster partners around developmental projects
- Facilitate participation by the economic community and the various committees and provide stakeholder representation
- Seek funding to implement projects
- Carry out communications activities
- Oversee accounting for the Cluster Committee and other financial partners, including the Quebec Ministry of Environment and Innovation
- Create a permanent link with the region’s Economic Development and Tourism Officers
- Provide recommendations on the projects submitted to the PADS funding program
- Design and organize special events
- Collaborate in inter-regional projects
- University diploma in Administration, Tourism Management, Project Management or other relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in development. All other combinations of training and appropriate experience may be considered.
- Experience in business management or support would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the region and Northern realities.
- Excellent knowledge of French and English (spoken and written); knowledge of the Cree language, an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with members of another culture
- Highly self-reliant and disciplined
- Strong analytical skills, ability to synthesize information, and solid writing skills
- Action- and results-oriented
- Focused on partnership and collaboration
- Leadership and social skills
Compensation: In accordance with experience, $60,000 per year or more
Work location: Chibougamau
The Director must be available for travel within the region and beyond.
Interested candidates must send their cover letter and resume by January 29, 2021 by e-mail to email@example.com , to the attention of Nelson Thibeault, President, ACCORD Cluster of Excellence.
Tourisme Baie-James – 1252 Route 167 South, P.B. 134, Chibougamau, Quebec G8P 2K6