Posting # M-2223-0010
Position # 0095
DIRECTOR MEDICAL AFFAIRS AND SERVICES (0311)
|DEPARTMENT:||Medical Affairs and Services (730405)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Senior Manager|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED) and collaborating with the AED’s Miyupimaatisiiun & Pimuhteheu and Director of Public Health, the incumbent ensures the definition of the medical practice and the development of the medical services’ programs, policies and protocols. The incumbent ensures the activities related to Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB) medical services and their quality assurance. Functioning at the regional council level, ensures access/coordination to specialized resources in the Ministry of Health and Social Services of Quebec (MSSS) Network and represents the CBHSSJB, notably at the Réseau Universitaire Intégré de Santé (RUIS Network) and other governmental bodies, assuming the MSSS role of a Director of Regional Medical and University Affairs.
- Ensures the legal role and professional responsibility of a Director Medical Affairs and Services (DMAS) according to the applicable laws.
- Ensures the planning, organization, implementation, control and evaluation of medical services, dentistry, pharmacy, medical laboratory, radiology, archives and dialysis services.
- Ensures the definition of the medical practice, the identification of the medical needs of the population, and the development of the medical services’ goals, programs, policies and protocols at both the Establishment and Regional Council levels, in the nine Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centres (CMCs), the Regional Hospital and Wiichihiituwin.
- Ensures the preparation of the administrative, professional and clinical organizational plan and regional plan for the organization of medical services (PROS) for both general practice and specialty needs, and including medical laboratory, radiology and archives services.
- Advises the Executive Director on the situation of medical services, the organization of medical service access for specialized services, regional medical human resource plans (PREM), and the developments within the MSSS and the RUIS Network that affect the organization.
- Ensures the design, development, organization, distribution, updating and evaluation of the medical, professional and technical staff’s care and services professional practice and standards objectives, programs, policies, procedures, regulations, protocols, clinical norms and standards, criteria, techniques, and program and employee support tools, for all clinical and integrated programs.
- Collaborates in the integration of Nishiiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun healing practices and models in the medical and healthcare practice.
- Collaborates in the development of the organization’s emergency plan. Participates in it accordingly.
- Discharges the obligations of the Civil Code and the Public Curator Act regarding the protective supervision of incapable persons and mandates given by persons in anticipation of their incapacity.
- Ensures the development of local and regional area networks of integrated medical services in the region and the creation of linkages and corridors of services for secondary, tertiary, specialized and super-specialized services outside of the region, and including midwifery and other initiatives.
- Ensures the quality of services offered in a perspective of continuous improvement and evaluation, in support of the council of physicians, dentists and pharmacists.
- Ensures the preparation of the regional medical human resource plans (PREM-Plan régional d’effectifs médicaux) for the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Ensures the recruitment of medical and clinical staff in their direction according to policy. Presents the nomination of physicians, dentists and pharmacists for the Board of Directors’ approval.
- Ensures that the best practices are implemented and ensures the quality of services offered, in a perspective of continuous improvement and evaluation.
- Ensures the implementation and updating of the exercise of professional activities in relation to the Act to amend the Professional Code and other legislative provisions in the health Act.
- Contributes to the preparation, administration and enforcement of the standards of professional and multidisciplinary practices in regards to the assessment of quality in the CBHSSJB, in support of the CPDP, and in collaboration with the AED Pimuhteheu.
- Contributes to obtaining accreditation of the CBHSSJB as a place of education via the accreditation process for colleges, corporations and associations.
- Participates in the MSSS “comité de coordination et de concertation / affaires medicales et universitaires” (CCC/AMU) as concerns the needs of the organization.
- Represents the CBHSSJB at the RUIS-McGill especially as concerns, notably the coordination and access to secondary, tertiary, specialized and super-specialized medical services (corridors of service), the development of protocols of agreement for access to such services either in other centers or through visiting specialists, the recruitment of medical student interns and residents, the affiliation of the organization with university teaching hospitals, and the development of telehealth and other initiatives.
- Participates in the “Bureau régional de coordination de l’enseignement médical”.
- Contributes to the development of mechanisms for troubleshooting and intraregional replacements, in collaboration with the RUIS Network and the Quebec National Centre of Physicians/Centre national Médecins Québec (CNMQ).
- Sits on the executive committee of the Council of Physicians, Dentists and Pharmacists (CPDP) and contributes as per its regulations.
Education and experience:
- Medical degree and member of the Collège des Médecins du Québec. A Certificate or courses in administration is an asset.
- Four (4) years’ experience in medical/health administration or leadership.
- Medical degree and member of the Collège des Médecins du Québec.
- Seven (7) years clinical practice experience in a hospital and/or CSSS/CLSC/CISSS setting.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the MSSS laws and regulations for medical and health services in the various classes of Establishments;
- Strong knowledge of the MSSS Network and its current orientations and operations, including DGSSMU, CNMQ, CCC/AMU and RUIS;
- Knowledge of secondary and tertiary medical services within the MSSS Network, for accessibility and corridors of services;
- Strong knowledge of the strategic management of access and continuity of services, professional and organizational interdependence, information management, and evaluation;
- Strong knowledge of medical practice, current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and programs, and quality assurance systems;
- Good record in an appropriate level of medical services and programming management or leadership, and human, financial, and information resources management is an asset;
- Excellent critical thinking, planning and organizational skills as applied to planning;
- Ability to manage the planning and development of new services and programs;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader;
- Ability in Office computer applications;
- Knowledge of Cree culture is an asset;
- Proven ability or potential to be effective in the Cree Nation;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health services.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel extensively.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2022-06-30/2022-07-14|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.