Position: DIGITAL ARCHITECT
Schedule: Monday to Friday, full time
The Digital Architect’s role is to plan, coordinate, implement, and supervise all activities related to the integration and programming of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions as required to meet the business requirements of the organization. This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining an application architecture blueprint for the organization. This individual will oversee testing of the interoperability of application modules under development by in-house software development teams, commercial off-the-shelf software deployed in the organization, and with external third parties as necessary. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an integration architecture blueprint for the organization;
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise;
- Work with different departments to ensure that integration projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues;
- Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives;
- Research and make recommendations on integration products and services in support of procurement and development efforts;
- Lead integration testing phase of software and applications under development in order to identify and remedy potential problem areas;
- Liaise and build relationships with external software developers and engineers to address issues in program logic and the interoperability of new applications with existing systems software.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in developing enterprise and solution level applications;
- Proven experience in overseeing & developing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems;
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping;
- Extensive experience with core software applications as pertaining to mining industry;
- Technically fluent in programming languages;
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated integration tools and database management;
- Competency with XML constructs and schemas;
- Confidence and experience with API protocols and schemas such as SOAP and REST.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview