Department: Process plant
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Val d’Or, Québec, Chapais-Chibougamau and St-Hubert airports
Stornoway is recruiting a Diamond Sorter. Reporting to the Diamond Controller at the ore processing plant, the incumbent is responsible for the recovery of diamonds from the diamond concentrate that is shipped from the recovery area. The Diamond Sorter is also responsible for preparing the diamonds for shipment to the cleaning station at the mine site.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the sorting room to ensure that the department’s objectives are met (e.g., defalsification and timely feedback) ;
- Inspect sorting gloves and other equipment in the glove box;
- Weigh and manually remove diamond concentrate scrap from samples according to the sorting room procedures and safety and security procedures;
- Accurately record diamond recovery data in the computer system and maintain up-to-date records in thesorting room;
- Report to the Senior Metallurgist any abnormal conditions observed on the diamonds during sorting;
- Assist in the cleaning of the diamonds;
- Maintain an inventory of sorting room supplies and equipment;
- Work as a team with the sorters, the stock controller, the metallurgists and the operations and maintenance team;
- Perform maintenance and maintain order in the sorting room.
- Work discreetly and with a high degree of confidentiality;
- Experience in the diamond industry;
- Ability to work in a highly secure work environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Ability to manage stress and work effectively and proactively to meet tight deadlines;
- Computer literacy (Excel and Word);
- Interest and ability to work in a multicultural work environment;
- Exemplary attitude towards occupational health and safety.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring and promotion, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Please apply online directly from your Success Factors account.
Please ensure your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will contact you at the end of the posting to schedule a meeting.