Position: DIAMOND RECOVERY FOREMAN
Department: Process plant
Location: Renard Mine
Homeports : Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or , St-Hubert and Quebec Airports
Posting date: March 23, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Diamond Recovery Foreman. Reporting to the General Plant Foreman, the Diamond Recovery Foreman will be responsible for the supervision of an operating team of 2 operators. The incumbent ensures that all health and safety procedures and rules are followed and are a priority in the execution of daily tasks. He is responsible for assigning work and supervising production teams to ensure that production goals are met in an efficient way.
- Coordinate operators and equipment to achieve production goals;
- Ensure with the operations the supply of the mineral to the recovery area;
- Ensure the general maintenance and good condition of the equipment in the recovery area;
- Plan the work in collaboration with the mechanical and electrical maintenance departments;
- Administer safety, mine and environmental regulations in accordance with Renard mine policies and procedures;
- Maintain a record of all aspects of production on his shift in the plant tracking log;
- Ensure proper follow-up of lockout of equipment and contribute to the maintenance of lockout sheets in Conform IT;
- Facilitate health and safety meetings as well as conduct inspections, audits and tours of the plant.
- Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) in instrumentation and control or any other relevant training;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in the mining industry is an asset;
- Good knowledge in instrumentation and mechanics;
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations, the environment and the tools used, in particular the work card;
- Ability to plan, organize and execute mandates;
- Ability to work in a team with good leadership skills;
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and openness to change;
- Ability to manage stress and work proactively to meet tight deadlines;
- Exemplary attitude at all times with respect to health, safety and the environment;
- Familiarity with WHMIS and Material Safety Data Sheets;
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Conform it and IT Guide)
- Interest and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.