The roof bolter is part of the mine operations team. He/she rehabilitates the shots.
- Support the blasting ground according to the plans and specifications
- Perform rehabilitation
- Load blast holes and fire shots
- Operate the roof-bolter
- Make sure to comply with the health and safety rules regarding the position
- Clean up his/her workplace and perform basic maintenance of the equipment
- Perform his/her tasks according to the Company’s standards
- Professional Studies Diploma in ore extraction
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Valid general explosives permit
- Valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism (asset)
- Be accreditated by the trainer on our various service equipments.
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Be autonomous and responsible
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site ( Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than December 02, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.