Job Posting Number: PR-1920-0533
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Person who, based on established general program conceives specific educational and prevention programs in the field of dental hygiene. She/ he collaborates in the various screening programs. She/he may assist the dentist in carrying out her/his functions. She/he applies dental hygiene techniques for dental care and prevention purposes. She/he carries out the topical application of anti-cavity agents, as well as the cleaning, scaling and polishing of the teeth, proceeds, with preliminary examinations and obtains and established the anamnesis. She/he inserts, sculpts and finishes fillings. She/he keeps inventory and places orders for dental supplies.
The person is called upon to work in the clinic at the chair with the patients. The role does not include participation in public health programs and promotion at the schools.
- • Screen oral dental diseases;
- • Teaches the principles of oral hygiene;
- • Performs cleaning and polishing;
- • Assisting the dentist in the performance of his duties;
- • Carries out recall examinations, x-rays, dental prophylaxis, fluoride applications, hygiene instructions, sealants applications and other authorized oral-dental actions;
- • Implements the oral-dental health programs adapted to the Cree population;
- • Promotes optimum measures for the exposure to fluorides;
- • Writes the monthly and the annual activity reports of dental health;
- • Work mainly with a pediatric and high-risk clientele.
- • Diploma of college graduation with a specialization in dental hygiene in a school recognized by the Quebec Ministry of Education;
- • Member of the Ordre des hygiénistes dentaires du Québec ;
- • One (1) year of relevant experience;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- • Demonstrate interest in pedodontics;
- • Must be able to communicate clearly and listening skills,
- • Ability to cope with stress;
- • Meticulous and attentive to detail;
- • Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance;
- • Excellent manual dexterity;
- • Self-confidence;
- • Autonomous, flexible, discreet and empathetic.
- • Sens of observation and capacity to analyze situations;
- • Fluent in English and one of Cree or French;
- • Fluency in third language is an asset.
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
1055 René-Levesque East, 7th floor
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495 Email: email@example.com
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.