DEPARTMENT: Preventive Dental Services (654103)
WORK LOCATION: Chisasibi
STATUS 1 Permanent Full-time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $22.74 – Max (12) $31.99
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who, based on established general program conceives specific educational and prevention programs in the field of dental hygiene. She/ he collaborates in the various screening programs. She/he may assist the dentist in carrying out her/his functions. She/he applies dental hygiene techniques for dental care and prevention purposes. She/he carries out the topical application of anti-cavity agents, as well as the cleaning, scaling and polishing of the teeth, proceeds, with preliminary examinations and obtains and established the anamnesis. She/he inserts, sculpts and finishes fillings. She/he keeps inventory and places orders for dental supplies.
The person is called upon to work in the clinic at the chair with the patients. The role does not include participation in public health programs and promotion at the schools.
- Screen oral dental diseases;
- Teaches the principles of oral hygiene;
- Performs cleaning and polishing;
- Assisting the dentist in the performance of his duties;
- Carries out recall examinations, x-rays, dental prophylaxis, fluoride applications, hygiene instructions, sealants applications and other authorized oral-dental actions;
- Implements the oral-dental health programs adapted to the Cree population;
- Promotes optimum measures for the exposure to fluorides;
- Writes the monthly and the annual activity reports of dental health;
- Work mainly with a pediatric and high-risk clientele.
- Diploma of college graduation with a specialization in dental hygiene in a school recognized by the Quebec Ministry of Education;
- Member of the Ordre des hygiénistes dentaires du Québec ;
- One (1) year of relevant experience;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrate interest in pedodontics;
- Must be able to communicate clearly and listening skills,
- Ability to cope with stress;
- Meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance;
- Excellent manual dexterity;
- Autonomous, flexible, discreet and empathetic.
- Sens of observation and capacity to analyze situations;
- Fluent in English and one of Cree or French;
- Fluency in third language is an asset.
Posting start/end date: 03/18/2020 – 04/01/2020
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 | Fax: 514-989-7495
PR # : P-1920-0830B
Position Number : 5065
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.