Department: Commerce and Industry
Salary Grade 3: (Min. $40,294.00 – Max. $53,792.00)
The Data Technician is responsible to provide administrative support and assistance for the services provided by the Department of Commerce and Industry (DCI), such as the beneficiary registry services, the business directory, as well as other programs and funds. The incumbent is also responsible to organize, oversee and manage external communications for the Department of Commerce and Industry.
- Update and maintain the information in databases such as the Business Directory, Cree JBNQA Beneficiary Registration System and Project Management.
- Assist the department with general inquiries regarding funding objectives, criteria and other related information.
- Assist in releasing information to attract public attention for all aspects of the Department.
- Enter information in departmental databases for all files related to the business and ensure they are properly classified.
- Keep statistical data of members residing on and off communities.
- Update all reinstatement files and verify missing information.
- Collaborate with the Communications team on the oversight of content on websites and social media platforms related to the GCC(EI)/Cree Nation Government.
- Expand the promotional assets of the department with photos, pamphlets, posters, and success stories.
- Advertise services, programs, and announcement, internally and externally, through publicity materials.
- Promote and maintain the department via social media and the Cree Nation Government Website.
- Maintain and update the demographic list of the Cree Beneficiary population working in collaboration with the Cree communities.
- Contact different partners and information sources to compile information.
- Provide assistance and training to local membership clerks and returning officers concerning status issues and elections by-laws and proceedings.
- Document all external communications for the DCI.
- In collaboration with the DCI staff, collect and assemble the annual report for the department.
- Assist the DCI team in the preparation of various reports and documentation.
- Draft, review or revise documentation or correspondence.
- Participation in the elaboration and improvement of ongoing projects.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College Diploma in Office Management, Business Administration or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong writing skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From December 11, 2020 to January 8, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: DCI-201201-2