ACCI is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual for the position of Cultural Programs
Liaison Officer. Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Cultural Programs Liaison Officer is
full time position responsible for providing professional and technical support to the Cree cultural
coordinators and assist the Cree communities in further developing their capacities, facilities and
cultural programs. In addition, the Cultural Programs Liaison Officer in collaboration with the
cultural coordinators, will prepare for current and future needs for communities with respect to
cultural development and programming in communities. Supporting the cultural coordinators
through funding allocations, proposal writing, creating calendars of events, and reporting on the
development and implementation of training, workshops and conferences with the aim of building
and improving skills and knowledge for community cultural programs.
- In collaboration with the cultural coordinators, assess current and future needs with respect to cultural development in the communities.
- Develop and implement training, workshops and conferences aimed at improving knowledge and skills for the delivery of community cultural programs.
- Provide support for community projects when requested, or seek and put in place professional support for community projects.
- Organize “Aanischaaukamikw Network” (cultural coordinators’) meetings.
- Assist in the development of community cultural facilities through amongst other things, the identification of possible sourcing funds and the provision of technical assistance.
- Organize workloads, develop work plans, effectively prioritize, and project budgets and schedules.
- Coordinate editing, design, and production of interpretative publications with other museum departments.
- Develop and establish programs and activities for the museum in accordance with Aanischaaukamikw’s mandate.
- Collaborate with other departments to create promotional materials for museum programs and assist with design.
- Working with the finance department to purchase supplies for program activities.
- In collaboration with program staff, define research plans and proposals for programs and activities.
- Attend staff meetings and make presentations to management team.
- Any other responsibilities and tasks assigned by the Director of Programs.
- Maintain contact with the members of the “Aanischaaukamikw Network” and distribute all relevant information.
- Develop or participate in existing regional cultural projects involving the cultural coordinators.
- Prepare proposals or applications for financial support for local cultural coordinators and identify new sources of funding for local projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Museum Studies, Museum Education, History, Education, or related field
- Experience in program or curriculum development, and in coordination of departments or projects
- Experience with preparing interpretative materials
- Knowledge of Cree history and familiarity with Cree culture an asset
- Ability to provide training or host workshops
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent skills in team leadership in a complex environment
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to assemble and evaluate budgets and statistics
- Ability to assess and evaluate information as to is validity and appropriateness
- Ability to organize and express information in clear, logical sequence
- Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines under pressure
- Knowledge and experience with Cree entities and their administrative systems is a major asset
- Ability to communicate in both of Canada’s official languages, fluency in Cree is a significant asset
- Self-confidence, optimism, persistence, and stamina
- A disciplined, multi-faceted and organized individual with the personal flexibility to deal simultaneously with a variety of situations
- A direct, clear, approachable and compassionate, with a sense of humour and the capacity to make decisions
- An open, friendly communicator with superior interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Commitment to working in a participatory, team-based environment
- Ability to build positive relationships with the organization’s partners and supporters
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Full Time Permanent
- Salary based on ACCI salary scale, relevant experience and education
- Benefits standard to ACCI
Please send your application and curriculum vitae via regular mail, fax or email by
Monday, August 16th, 2021 at 5:00 pm to the following address:
Director of Programs
Aanischaaukamikw Cree Cultural Institute
205 Opemiska Meskino
We thank everyone that applies, but only the chosen candidates for an interview
will be contacted.