Crushing Operator Ref.: 25952
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Crushing Operator is part of the Operations team in the Process sector. The incumbent is responsible for operating the crushing circuit. He/she coordinates the activities at the crusher with the help of the crusher operator. He/she optimizes the crushing circuit using established performance indicators and identifies operational and mechanical problems with equipment in the sector.
- Ensure the proper functioning of equipment using a DCS control system and regular mechanical inspections of:
- Ore feeders
- Jaw crushers
- Cone crushers
- Vibrating screens
- Ore and dead ground storage silos o All auxiliary equipment
- Develop and maintain communication with the mining and surface sectors so as to manage the production of ore sent to the concentrator and waste sent to the backfill plant
- Start and stop equipment in your sector based on established procedures
- Conduct quality control tests on crusher and sieves to ensure compliance with operating instructions
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Ensure that the worksite is clean and safe at all times
- Report any incident/accident to your supervisor
- Participate in the continuing education program so as to replace subsequent operations positions
- Collaborate on projects and tests with external stakeholders to improve operations
- Keep records on production and write reports
- Assist mechanics with maintenance work and production stoppages
- All other related tasks
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma of Vocational Studies in Mineral Processing or relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a crushing operator
- Knowledge of DCS/PLC control systems
- Valid driver’s licence
- Bilingualism is an asset
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
WORK SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
- Work schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Eleonore mine site (Fly-in,Fly-out)
Interested persons must send us their résumés via the corporate website at www.newmont.com no later than September 22, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communitiesinwhichweworkandlive. Accordingly,ifyoureceiveanofferofemploymentforthisposition, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.