Cree Construction and Development Company (CCDC) – President
Organization: Cree Construction and Development Company Ltd.
Location: Chisasibi, Quebec, Eeyou Istchee
Reference Number: CREECO (202201)
The Cree Construction and Development Company Ltd. is a subsidiary company of the Cree Regional Economic Enterprises Company (CREECO).
General Role Description:
The President’s position is the highest executive position in the company. The President is charged with developing the vision as per the objectives and targets set by the Board of Directors and the company’s shareholder. The President will formulate the company’s strategic planning to achieve the objectives of the business plan with the aim of maximizing returns and minimizing risks for the company. The President reports directly to the Chairperson who represents the Board of Directors and the shareholder. The President plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities of all departments in the company in collaboration with the Director general and other subordinate managers who are at a supervisory level or above. The President is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company, including its sales, marketing, finance, human resources, and operations. The President works closely with the Board of Directors to ensure that the company is meeting its financial and operational goals. The President is also responsible for ensuring that the company complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
The President is responsible for monitoring the measurable standards of performance for each department and measuring that performance against established goals. In conjunction with his staff, the President will ensure the establishment of a company-wide systems and procedures for reporting, project controls, financial controls, and employee relations. The President must display the highest level of organizational and communication skills. The President must be thoroughly versed in the operations of a construction company, general contractor, or design-build firm. The President must have a solid background in operations and sales and be able to clearly communicate the company’s status and direction to staff. The President will provide regular reporting to the Board of Directors, its chairperson and the company’s shareholder.
- Travel to different project sites and other travel as deemed necessary to effectively manage the company.
- Periodically and upon request, informs CREECO Management of the situation of each department, affiliate, and partnership, of the advancement of the works and/or projects, the follow-up of matters of incidence, general costs and/or specifics, programs, established budgets, internal statistics, general objectives, etc.
- Represent the company in various forums, including investor relations, board meetings, and industry events
- Creating and maintaining relationships with the community and industry leaders
- Serve as the face of the company to the public, promoting the CCDC and CREECO brands and building relationships with key stakeholders
- Work with the executive team to develop annual operating plans and budgets, and monitor progress against them
- Make high-level decisions about resource allocation, including human resources, financial resources, and physical resources
- Delegate authority and responsibility to senior managers and hold them accountable for results
- Monitor changes in the external environment that could impact the company, and adjust strategies accordingly
- Identify risks that could threaten the achievement of the company’s objectives, and develop mitigation plans
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the executive team, and create an environment that promotes creativity, innovation, and collaboration
- Facilitate and promote the development of the Cree workforce
- Establishes the annual objectives of the employees directly under his supervision and performs periodic follow-ups
- Assumes the general management of all projects underway and future
- Any other mandate as deemed appropriate by the Chairperson and/or Board of Directors.
Education and Certification:
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Construction, or Architectural is required, although in specific experience in this type of position combined with technical studies may compensate
- Master’s degree or MBA is an asset
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar position is required
- Must have a strong understanding of the company’s business and its competitive environment
- The President must have a strong knowledge of the Cree culture, values, and customs
- President must also be able to effectively manage and resolve conflicts
- Profound knowledge of the laws and regulations pertaining to the target industries
- Excellent communicator and negotiator, must have good judgment, excellent leadership skills, and capabilities of technical adaptation and comprehension
- Capacity to adequately plan and perform an efficient follow-up of the works under his supervision
- Ability to communicate efficiently, orally and in writing, to produce studies, recommendations, reports that are concise and precise
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment is a determining asset
- Fluency in both English and French, written, read, and spoken is a definite requirement
- Knowledge of the Cree language is an asset
- Available to follow or provide training
- An appropriate knowledge of software is required
October 24th, 2022 – November 28th, 2022
Salary and Benefits:
The company offers complete benefit programs and the salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Any of the requirements may be waived if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Board of Directors and/or its shareholder.
Only candidates who have successfully passed the internal pre-screening will be contacted for an interview during the week of December 5th, 2022.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to the attention of the CCDC Executive Committee by email to the following address: Emark@boc-creeco.ca