LOCATION OF WORK
MISTISSINI (SABTUAN ADULT EDUCATION SERVICES)
NATURE OF WORK
- The position of counsellor in reeducation encompasses, in particular, responsibility for preventing, detecting, evaluating, helping and guiding students with disabilities or students experiencing social maladjustments or learning difficulties aimed at supporting them in their educational path and their personal and social development.
- Participates in developing and implementing service reception, referral, counseling and support (SARCA) that meets the academic and administrative requirements of both the educational institutions and the school board.
- Contributes to the detection of difficulties and identification of students experiencing problems, using an approach focusing on prevention and intervention; plans and conducts psychological evaluations to determine the student’s behavioural assessment and needs; selects and uses recognized standardized psychometric tools; conducts interviews and makes observations, as needed; he or she analyzes and interprets the observations and data collected.
- Works with a multidisciplinary team to draw up and review a student’s individualized education plan by including, in the plan, his action plan, if necessary; participates in defining intervention objectives and means; works with other team members to harmonize and coordinate interventions and to assess the achievement of objectives.
- Helps teachers determine the nature of the problem, provides them with advice and support in their teaching process, suggests or applies solutions or strategies conducive to improving the conditions for the success of a student or a group of students as well as plans, organizes and conducts training activities.
- Prepares and updates files according to the standards related to the practice of the profession and the rules defined by the school board; prepares progress notes on evaluation, end-of-process and follow-up reports on his interventions.
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably: in psychology, psycho-education, Special Education (“Orthopédagogie”).
- Bilingual in English and French is essential.
- Knowledge of the Cree language is an asset.
- Certified additional Education in Special Education or experience in a Special Education role is an asset.
- Good knowledge of information technologies and commonly used software.
- Available to travel.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Regular Full-time 35 hours/week
- Salary: $24.87/h to $43.06/h
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
- Retention Premium: $3,500.00 – $5,000.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
Human Resources Services
Cree School Board
203 Main Street
Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3637
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING
June 23, 2020
July 8, 2020 5:00 PM