OPEN POSITION: COUNSELLOR IN RE-EDUCATION
COMPETITION NUMBER: CHI-3700
LOCATION OF WORK To be determined – (Special Education Services)
NATURE OF WORK
The position of Counsellor in Re-Education encompasses, in particular, responsibility for preventing, detecting, evaluating, helping and guiding handicapped students or students experiencing social maladjustments or learning difficulties in order to support them in their educational path and their personal and social development.
- Participates in developing and implementing a psychological service that meets the academic and administrative requirements of both the educational institutions and the school board;
- Contributes to the detection of difficulties and identification of students experiencing problems, using an approach focusing on prevention and intervention; plans and conducts psychological
evaluations to determine the student’s behavioural assessment and needs; selects and uses recognized standardized psychometric tools; conducts interviews and makes observations, as needed; analyses and interprets the observations and data collected;
- Supports and advises Re-adaptation Officers and school personnel to work in multidisciplinary team to draw up and review a student’s individualized education plan by including, in the plan, his action plan, if necessary; participates in defining intervention objectives and means; works with other team members to harmonize and coordinate interventions and to assess the achievement of objectives;
- Helps administrators, Re-adaptation Officers and significant school personnel to determine the nature of the problem, provides them with advice and support in their teaching process, suggests or applies solutions or strategies conducive for improving the conditions for the success of a student or a group of students as well as plans, organizes and conducts training activities;
- Works with students, groups of students or parents, helps them identify difficulties, supports them in exploring solutions and, as needed, recommends resources;
- Advises management staff, prepares expertise, evaluation, information and progress reports and formulates appropriate recommendations to support decision making;
- Provides advice and support to school staff in matters pertaining to the integration of students into regular classes and proposes appropriate intervention means or activities for students or
groups of students;
- When needed, helps defuse crisis or emergency situations and to propose solutions;
- Develops and maintains relations with representatives of partner organizations, the health and social services network and school boards;
- Prepares and updates files according to the standards related to the practice of the profession and the rules defined by the school board; prepares progress notes or evaluation, end-of-process and
follow-up on his interventions.
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably psychology;
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar position is an asset;
- Fluency in English is a requirement;
- Knowledge of French and Cree are assets;
- Availability to travel.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS*
- Regular full time position.
- Salary: $24.87 to $43.06 /hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
- Retention Premium: $3,500 to $5,000
- *According to the collective agreement and internal policies.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- As soon as possible
DATE OF POSTING
September 21, 2020
END OF POSTING
October 2nd, 2020 3:00 PM
Please forward your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: CHI-3700
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.