LOCATION OF WORK
NATURE OF WORK
Provides assistance to students in the choice of the educational profile most suited to their inclinations and aptitudes and most appropriate to the academic or vocational professional career they have chosen.
- Performs duties relative to the development of the objectives and policies of the guidance service with due consideration for the general administrative and education policies in effect at the level of the school or school board. He is responsible for the application of these policies.
- Advises the students on their individual orientation on the basis of individual or group counselling sessions as well as results of tests. He participates in the case studies within a multi-disciplinary team. He may be required to see to the organization and realization of conferences, study sessions, visits to industry, etc.
- Must maintain close contact with the labour market, the administrative staff, and with other institutions involved in the guidance of students. Provide assistance on a limited basis to families and teachers of the students;
- Prepares and keeps up to date student files on questions relating to his field.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study, preferably in academic training or guidance counselling.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Cree Language a definite asset.
- Be a member of the Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec would be an asset.
- Capacity to organize special training programs.
- Regular full time position.
- 35 hours/week
- Salary: $24.46/h to $40.98/h
- Northern Allowance: $10,015.00 – $17,652.00
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE Please indicate the competition #: EAST-4009 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. In you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE OF POSTING September 22, 2021
END OF POSTING October 5, 2021 5:00 PM