LOCATION OF WORK
Adult Education Services – Mistissini
NATURE OF WORK
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking an academic counselling professional with a positive, problem-solving approach to support students across the Cree nation.
- Enjoy by helping others discover their strengths, set goals, and meet their full potential?
- Have an encouraging, friendly, and approachable demeanour?
- Want to make a difference in the lives of Cree adults and communities?
If so, we want to hear from you!
In this critical and dynamic role, you will serve all nine Cree communities by providing one-on-one support to adults with a wide range of backgrounds, interests, and goals. You will use your professional skills to support decision-making and help prospective students to build a plan for their future. If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, enjoys meeting with new people, and want to make a positive impact, this could be the perfect job for you!
- Performs duties relative to the development of the objectives and policies of the guidance service with due consideration for the general administrative and education policies in effect at Sabtuan Adult Education Services and the Cree School Board, taking responsibility for the application of these policies.
- Advises the students on their individual orientation on the basis of individual or group counselling sessions as well as results of tests, working within a multi-disciplinary team as needed.
- Organizes and attends conferences, study sessions, visits to industry, etc.
- Maintains close contact with the labour market, the administrative staff, and with other institutions involved in the guidance of students. Provide assistance on a limited basis to families and teachers of the students.
- Prepares and keeps up-to-date student files on questions relating to his field.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study, preferably in academic training or guidance counselling.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Cree Language a definite asset.
- Be a member of the Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec would be an asset.
- Capacity to organize special training programs.
- Regular full-time position 35 hrs/week
- Salary: $24.46/h to $40.98/h
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3981 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. In you have any questions, contact email@example.com
DATE OF POSTING September 8, 2021
END OF POSTING September 21, 2021 5:00 PM